Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

early on I remember going to a VFL game. Hooker & Gumbleton played as key forwards for Bendigo. I ended up posting that I thought that Hooker was going to be a better player than Gumbleton. I copped an absolute pasting from posters on this forum. A lot of others wouldn't have a bar of it, purely because their draft positions. I'm pretty satisfied my call back then. As I've got many others wrong!

Well, though you were correct, it’s basically impossible to tell how Gumby would have ended up given no injuries.

good call by me

Fixed.

That Puopolo bloke taken at 66 would of fitted in well with us
Wasn't Puopolo one that Benfti really talked up?
Not sure, Puopolo never even expected to get drafted was quite a big punt on a relative unknown by the Hawks
Not sure, Puopolo never even expected to get drafted was quite a big punt on a relative unknown by the Hawks

I did Ace, he is famously known across blitz as the first ever white guy I hyped! lol, so confusing it was that other sites used my scouting report on him that people thought he was indigenous when he was drafted and was surprised to find out he wasnt LOL

The key to good recruiting is good development system. Nailing the first round pick isn't (shouldn't) be hard, it's nailing down the 3rd and 4th round pick that are vital.

TIPPA

Congratulations & a big thank you to Disco and the whole recruiting team for all the hard work put in. Now for the rookies…

Adrian mate, if I ever happen to run into you I’ll be shouting you a few beers.

Well played kind sir

Two brownlow medalists

Two 1 draft picks

One JoeDan

One laconic bored looking at essendon ruckman out

One ruckman looking excited to play his best footy for a successful club rather than one in shambles in a time where we really needed him. (let's face it, this is something we never saw coming)

I say we honestly won trade week

Win:

Cooney

Giles

Gwilt

Lose: Ryder

If you asked me if I'd take that at the end of the loss to north, I'd say ■■■■ yes and damn anybody who wouldn't, with the media crap and Ryder's sob story to the press, we pulled three fairly decent players, and no semi retired carlton players.

I'm ■■■■■■■ wrapped.

Erp.

I’m not thanking anyone for anything until that 17th premiership is in the cabinet.

Doing a good job with the inductions too…just seems to be creating a positive and comfortable environment for all the newbies…

It’s been an over used cliche that this was an important draft for us, but what dodoro has done this off season has been fantastic, from managing a tough negotiation with St kilda to working a draft strategy to get the players we need. Maybe some of these guys we picked up won’t work out, but right now dodoro is leading the charge to bringing Essendon back to where it should be.

General dodoro on the march.

It's been an over used cliche that this was an important draft for us, but what dodoro has done this off season has been fantastic, from managing a tough negotiation with St kilda to working a draft strategy to get the players we need. Maybe some of these guys we picked up won't work out, but right now dodoro is leading the charge to bringing Essendon back to where it should be.

General dodoro on the march.

x1000

No need to sit tight. Just radiate confidence in this genius.

This thread amuses me based on the previous however many years of people demanding Dodoro be sacked.

This thread amuses me based on the previous however many years of people demanding Dodoro be sacked.

Remember where you are IT.

Remember where you are IT.

Sack DUDoro.

Ironically, having in the past been a big defender I’m far more in the “sack Dodorro” camp than I used to be. Problem is I don’t know to what degree he sets the list management goals, versus the head coach/CEO/Board, and he’s just responsible for implementing them. But our list management strategy has got it very wrong (partly with hindsight of course).

I remember a guy calling up SEN before the draft calling for Dodoro’s head and carrying on about how ■■■■ his recruiting has been…

Some people have NFI.

He has smashed the last 3 drafts out of the park with one hand tied behind his back IMO

Disco is doing a great job… Deserves more credit for keeping the place together yet finding some real gems… Just ask Ahmet Bain how good he is!! Bang Bang.