Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

Kennelly is already a hated man in Ireland for poaching their best Gaelic players to convert to AFL.

Cooper Cronk?

This thread is now the perfect environment for uninformed, outlandish speculation…so what can I dream up…hmmm…

… we have convinced Chris Yarran to come back to AFL football!

3 Likes

We finally getting Nick Vlastuin?

More McKennas please

How we didn’t pick Witherden with our second pick astounds me. He was a consensus top 10 talent, broke his leg early in the season last year and slid to our second selection. He has already shown how much of a gun he is. His kicking is an absolute weapon. Ridley may well turn out into a good player but Witherden to me would have been a steal for us.

2 Likes

“Ridley has the most upside of anyone in the draft” - some bloke who I can’t remember, probably Jackets though, maybe Twomey and probably not exactly what he said, but close enough

Hindsight is fantastic but I reckon Ridley will turn out to be a great player. Brisbane had a lot of good picks, they could afford a risk or two. Imagine if Witherden did an O’Meara and couldn’t walk without 6 seasons of physiotherapy. Jackets clearly felt the risk wasn’t worth it when Ridley was available with a clear bill of health.

I’ll congratulate or “give props” to dodoro when we have a list capable of winning a final or two.

Until then he ain’t getting no props.

4 Likes

This list is capable.

Whether we do or not is another thing…

I reckon I have heard this sentiment around here for 10 years

1 Like

What fits this criteria that can be announced this time of the season???

Has the paternity of a top draft prospect unexpectedly been traced to an 100 game EFC player???

Patrick Naish??? (apologies to Chris and Mrs Naish)

1 Like

Caro has given up on the Tigers and decided to jump on the Bombers bandwagon?

1 Like

The Bombers next generation academy covering the Tiwi Islands has signed all players named Rioli, Long, Tipungwuti & any player genetically related to a Rioli, Long or Tipungwuti for the next 3 generations. Male & female.

(May or may not be true):wink:

5 Likes

Hell, given the size of the population I just figured we’d sign everyone between the ages of 14 and 18 to the academy as soon as it starts!

2 Likes

Other than the Adelaide and melbourne games, we’ve been within a kick at some point in the last quarter in every single game.
That’s not bad, considering.

1 Like

Building the list is only half the job and the rest has nothing to do with Dodoro.

Personally, I’m giving him props for navigating through the saga and the draft sanctions that came with it so well.

6 Likes

WHATS THE ■■■■■■■ NEWS?

1 Like

Failure to get Zaka to stay

I am with you on this. There is really little evidence that he is anything better than average.

My benchmark for this is: Could we do any worse by picking from a list of Cal Twomey’s or Brett Anderson’s draft preview? Going back and looking at their previews, if you did nothing but outsource recruiting to the media we would have done just as well.

Fantasia and Hartley only 2 picks you could say he has done better than the media predictions and Fantasia was a Nathan Bassett special out of Norwood.

2012:
10 -Joe Daniher - Father / Son = nothing to do with Doddoro
34 - Jason Ashy - Fail
51- Dylan Van Unen - Fail
53 - Martin Gleeson - Win
73 - Kommer - Win
88 - Sean Gregory - Fail

Missed: Mason Wood, Tim Membrey, Mark Hutchings, Dean Kent,

2013:

26 - Zach Merrett - Win
55 - Orazio Fantasia - Win - although Nathan Bassett is largely given credit for pushing hard as his former coach
64- Lachlan Dalgleish - Fail

Missed: Tom Langdon and Sam Lloyd were 65 and 66

2014:

17 - Kyle Langford - Jury is out. Talented but playing 2nds
20 - Jayden Laverde - Jury is out. Talented but injured

“Missed”

Caleb Daniel, Toby McClean, Touk Miller, Jack Lonie, Mitch McGovern, Oscar McDonald, Jack Steele

2015:

5: Darcy Parish - Win
6: Aaron Francis - Jury is still out
29 -Alex Morgan - Fail
30 - Mason Redman - Jury is still out
54 - Mitch Brown - Win
64- Yestin Eades - Fail
68 - Michael Hartley - Win
While I think Francis will be great (if he wants to get fit), he needs to be compared to what we overlooked - and the essence is, pick 6 you should not mess up.

“Missed” Charlie Curnow, Daniel Rioli, Ryan Burton, Jade Gresham, Ryan Clarke, Rhys Mathieson, Tom Philips, Bailey Williams, Sam Menengola,

2016:

1 - Andy McGrath - Win (but hard to mess up)
22 - Jordan Ridley - Jury is still out
31 - Josh Begley - Jury is still out
42 - Kobe Mutch - Jury is still out
63 - Dylan Clarke - Jury is still out

“Missed” only looking at post Ridley picks and players who have debuted this year… Alex Witherden, Cedrick Cox, Brandon Parfitt, Ben Long, Zach Fischer, Shia Bolton, Sean Darcy, Josh Battle, Harrison McCreadie,

Happy to discuss.

1 Like

To say Adrian had nothing to do with Joe Daniher is a little naive IMO.

Don’t underestimate the power of work he and the club had to get joe to
pick ess over Sydney. The swans made a serious play to joe.

9 Likes