Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

Yeah, I think JJ was discussed, and it was before he was a consistent best-22 player IIRC. I was also really peeved at the media commentary of “you’ve been bad so talk the deal and shut up” even when everyone knew we were getting screwed. It was just another case of “well, that’s just another part of your punishment”. And this was before we were found guilty of actually doing anything. Bunch of jerks.

2 Likes

Find it ironic that Goodwin doesn’t want to talk about lever publicly - recall him and Jackson having no issue talking about hibberd last year.

Thing that irks me is ryder and hibberd were contracted players - yet that meant zero.

8 Likes

Yep.
Remember this is a competition built on double standards. When it suits for some people…

Was Hibbo contracted? I don’t think I’ve heard that before.

Real obvious now the AFL invented the Saga because they saw with Hibberd and Ryder we were heading for a 3 peat.

1 Like

Pig was contracted until end of this year

I can’t believe I didn’t know this - now I’m farking angry again. It was bad enough losing him for unders, I had no idea we didn’t have to lose him at all.

1 Like

As you will recall as soon as the ban was imposed the club basically said it wouldn’t force players to honour their contracts.

Like Ryder this had nothing to do with Adrian Dodoro but he was handed a poo sandwich.

Ryder’s departure after all the club had done from Ryder and his family from a 17-18 year old was particularly upsetting for Adrian.

1 Like

yeah I knew that bit & remember it being discussed early on when there was some chance Hurley & Hooker might leave but I didn’t actually realise Pig had broken a contract.

Helps that Goodwin and Ricciutto are best mates and business partners

1 Like

That’s the problem people rant and rave and criticise without knowing the facts

Turns out I know a bloke in S.A. (not Ace) who has some inside info on Lever
Apparently money is a huge sticking point. He is basically gone unless Crows up their offer by quite a large amount

1 Like

Can confirm from what I’ve heard. Crows offered him $350k initially which his manager laughed at. My understanding is that talks broke down and his management told the Crows not to waste their time unless a significant increase occurs

1 Like

LOL. Do they want Lever to leave or something?

That’s pretty much exactly what I heard
Crows have a pay structure they want to stick too hence the low ball offer

Apparently Lever is happy to stay but the money needs to be increased…ALOTTTTTTT

Edit: My source also says he plays like Rance
A Blitzer said he plays like Gleeson

Who is right?

Both. Gleeson plays like Rance :smiley:

2 Likes

They must actually be at breaking point cap wise. Last year they basically let Lyons walk for massive unders after his best year - I was disappointed we didn’t pick him up, he’s averaged over 25 disposals this year. For pick 43 he was a bargain. Sounds like there’s opportunities there.

1 Like

Has he done much at the Suns this year?

he had 39 a few weeks back & I’d say would be top 10 in their b&f. He’s no star but a handy 2nd rotation mid with solid skills & pace. He’s what we’d like Colyer to be.

I think he is bit of a mix of both. Good 1 on 1 but loves to peel off and pick off intercepts aswell. He is a very good player and will be a top 5 defender for the next 10 years.
He would love to stay at the Crows but thinks of it as a bit of a slap in the face and some of the offers have been atleast double what the Crows have offered. Can’t tell you if the rumours of Collingwood offering $1m are true but the Dees and Dogs is closer to $700k and is definitely true