Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

Danny Chartres, return of the mack?

Andrew Bogut returns to Australia as a category B rookie?

2 Likes

Just on this, while we were discussing list changes I had another thought. Surely Dodoro cannot make list changes in a vacuum. If Worsfold and his coaches really really rate Morgan, I doubt Dodoro could just delist him. I donā€™t know if the reverse is true - if Dodoro really rates Morganā€™s talent (or really thinks the current draft sucks) could he keep him if the coaches had the reverse belief?

I donā€™t know the answer, but when we say ā€œlist managementā€, we think Dodoro. But it would be interesting to know how much authority he has to make unilateral decisions, or if his hands are very much tied by the opinions of the coaching group.

Iā€™ve always thought itā€™s along the lines of coach says: ā€œWe need a pacy, outside mid and Morgan hasnā€™t made the grade. What are our options?ā€. Jackets then uses scouting and opposition list analysis to say: ā€œThe following kids are expected to be available around our 1st/2nd/3rd draft picks, these guys are currently in the VFL, this guy is going to be a DFA/FA at the end of this year and should cost $XX, or Josh Kelly is the blue-chip option but will likely cost 2 x 1st rounders and $1m/pa in salary cap. Preferences?ā€

Either way, it would absolutely have to be a collaborative approach.

I agree on the drafting, I was thinking more on the list management - who gets a contract, who doesnā€™t.

It would have to be the coaches direction then, surely? Itā€™s then up to Jackets to manage salaries, new contracts, replacement player options, etc. At least I hope so.

Donā€™t know. Was just wondering out loud.

Iā€™d love to be a billionaire, and give the club a chunk of money to sit in and listen to all of this for a year.

This was always my idea to get the club out of its saga debt. Raffle off a dozen different insider experiences. Sit in meetings like this, coaches box etc. $100 x 100,000 tickets and problems are solved.

1 Like

Thatā€™s only $10m though, what will that fix???

I can think of waaaaaaaay better things to do for a year if Iā€™m a billionaire, and they donā€™t involve sitting in list management meetingsā€¦

Although if I suddenly become a billionaire Iā€™ll pay for you to do it and then you can report back to me afterwards.

7 Likes

Mob-style contracts on a select few individuals?

accumulated losses during the saga. how much money do you want? The club should now be back to posting modest profits (ex any ongoing legal bills from the saga)

If itā€™s not enough, do it again next year.

1 Like

Thanks for the info.

What is Kerrā€™s role/title?*

*i.e. who is he?

Thanks.

Sack List Management Committee?

Can you tell us about the ā€˜war roomā€™?

1 Like

Dodoroā€™s tinder game is solid

2 Likes

Dodorro got Big Boi with a Dodorro special 2nd round pick.

Oh yeah!

4 Likes

Bewick would have told Dodoro about Begley some credit needs to go to him too.

2 Likes

#10 times agreed.

1 Like