Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

It challenged quite a few Blitzers.

5 Likes

I think it was pure luck we got McGrath and not that McGeath guy who has quietly disappeared into obscurity.

5 Likes

Yeah-nah.
there was serious external (I meanā€¦I donā€™t know how much was actually felt, possibly noe, but still) pressure to pick one of two different blokes.

Really?
Were you reading Blitz at the time?

9 Likes

We still donā€™t know whether is the best kid.

Donā€™t forget Pears was rated better than AA captain and greatest player ever Rance. Players mature at different rates.

According to whom? Rance was picked first.

Yeah, but blitz thought we got the better player after his game on Fevola. Rance was VFL bound for 2 years.

This picture is trying to sell me an apartment off plan.

7 Likes

That picture is trying to sell me a prosthetic chin implant.

8 Likes

Dodoro looks practically naked with only one jacket

9 Likes

Pears was exceptionally promising in his first 2 years.

4 Likes

And if not for injuries might have been at or near the top of the defenders tree.

And Blitz didnā€™t think weā€™d necessarily got the better player. We rated Rance.

1 Like

Pears was a completely different player pre-injury.

If there is one thing Dodoro knows, itā€™s how to find gun talls.

The irony is if not for injuries and people being swiped, we could almost put another spine up. Based on their early potential, a spine of Carlisle, Pears, Jenkins, Gumby, D. Daniher might have been pretty damn good.

1 Like

Iā€™m more concerned at our ability to develop the kids than Adrians ability to pick the right names.

7 Likes

Donā€™t let dodoro off the hook just yet. He nailed 2013 draft with what he had and that buys him some credits. But of our last 5 1st round picks, 2 are guns, jury still out on the other 3

Didnā€™t see it posted elsewhere, but that Trade Whisperer account reckons that Jackets has met the management of Close/Schache*

*I know itā€™s most likely BS, but posting anyway.

100% rubbish.

1 Like

McKenna and Walla were in those drafts so I think heā€™s done well even if the others donā€™t come on as expected.

I have high expectations on Langford and Begley so I think we are goiing to come out of this last four years looking very good.

Considering what the club has gone through we have no right to have as much talent as we do.

1 Like

As a hypothetical as its most likely BS

I donā€™t see how we couldnā€™t be happy with Hookers output this year as a fwd but perhaps having a kpd who can take the big gorillas and intercept like a boss still an issue for us.

If Brisbane are so into McKenna and he ends up taking their offer then Schache coming back the other way would not be the worst result.