Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

We did trade ‘a’ first round pick in 2009, but it wasn’t our first pick. (The Lovett pick.)

1 Like

Yeah, we used the Caracella first round pick in the Heffernan trade too I believe.

Wait, what?

I thought we got Cupido for Caracella? And we used a first rounder to get Heffernen back?

I need to look up those trades.

Don’t forget richmond traded a first rounder for Chris yarran. Win some, lose some I guess.

We got 15 + Cupido for Caracella, then traded Heffernan + 15 to Melbourne for 10.
At least according to https://www.draftguru.com.au/years/2002

Of course, they were the same year. Derr.

15 + Cupido isn’t a bad trade for Caracella.

And pick 10 hey? That might have been Jason Laycock.

1 Like

McPhee was also in there.

Remember, we had picks 12 & 13 before Carlton lost their first two picks due to draft penalties.

You know what,… I think a bigger factor is another Coach altogether, … in Phil Walsh.

I said way back at the start of the season that Adelaide would make the GF and win it on the basis of that motivation alone.

You couldn’t have a much stronger drive within a bunch of blokes than that.

1 Like

It would certainly be a contributing factor.

I’d say the biggest contributor to their current success was the game plan devised by phil walsh. pyke’s expanded upon it. both are/were good coaches

1 Like

Gotta hand it to Ricciuto who finds coaches who fly under the radar - Well done !

According to Sloan, the game plan is all Pyke’s.

The only certainty in this trade period is Disco putting in low-ball offers, overrating our own, and waiting till the last hour before making a firm offer on anyone. It’s been a terrible strategy over a 15 year period, but we are Essendon and that’s how we do things at Windy Hill.

2 Likes

Who exactly has Essendon “low balled” in previous trade seasons?

I was staggered by Taylor Walker being named Captain.

Looking back it was a very bold, inspired move and may be a huge factor in why they are playing this weekend.

Walker carries himself very well.

1 Like

Sounds like you must’ve been there. Why didn’t you advise him to do it differently?

2 Likes

Well according to Barret on Footy Classified we won’t be offering pick 11 for Stringer is he comes to us I would call that low balling.

If we want Stringer badly we would be putting pick 11 on table and get the trade done on the first day.

2 Likes

Obviously after he cut his hair.

2 Likes

Try
Jacobs
Josh Jenkins
Tom Lynch
To
Name 3

@Blummers32
We got nothing for Houli I revall
He walked out