Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

This is why this thread turned from ‘props’ to show us the evidence he is any good as a recruiter.

Interesting comment from Buckenara article

Post Sheedy club was transitioning/rebuilding with Knights in charge, then we got Hird & TRB which saw Goddard select us … then the saga happened.

Pretty clear why our attempts to lure players over the years been a battle. All changing now

7. Who are the worst clubs to deal with and why?

Essendon. You could never really get a straight answer out of the Bombers, particularly when Kevin Sheedy was coach.

He was a great coach but he treated the trade period like a game – he’d talk in riddles and change his mind. A lot of clubs actually didn’t want to do deals with Essendon or get involved in any deals that they were involved in because they’d fall over at the last minute after Sheedy changed his mind or they changed their mind as a club.

That used to occur a fair bit a while back. I don’t think clubs appreciated that and while they’re better now, there was definitely a period where clubs avoided them and it affected the Bombers on the field because they couldn’t get involved in the trade period.

Even when they were serious about a deal no club took them seriously. It was like the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

3 Likes

at least he’s given some info to back up why we’re hard to deal with and you’d think based on that, the reputation should be disappearing…or hopefully does over the next week.

3 Likes

We cant afford to play games- get in there and get it done.

3 Likes

1st, 2nd, next year’s 2nd and walk away…

1 Like

WHY HASN’T IT BEEN DONE YET???
I’M WAITING!!!

The Fark does that mean?

Good question, I wondered that too

Most likely hinting at the fact that all three players are leaving under unusual circumstances.

Stringer - basically sacked. Not a lot of clubs interested.

Saad - Departing for family/religious reasons.

Smith - Under injury cloud. i.e. concern with knee.

In reality it is because they have enormous salary cap issues

2 Likes

Yep, that too.

oprah

27 Likes

@S_K?

6 Likes

LAV!

LAV2.0

Let’s hope he excels. Good luck kid for joining the bombers.

Volleyball and Soccer background like Draper.

Questioning life choices - I’ve just spend four minutes watching a youtube of this guy filmed by his mother. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waEW9JlacBk

1 Like

Draper and Lavender.
AFL in 2 years will issue us with an E.R.I

Experimental Rucking Infridgement.

2 Likes