Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

Is this the one with a family connection to a Blitzer?

Agree, a football club cant go around playing gamesā€¦

3 Likes

It is pretty clear that the Club have, from the board down, decided to change its list strategy. I donā€™t think we will be unreasonable on any trade, if anything we have created a media perception by putting pick 11 on the table, that we are more than willing to be reasonable. This will be handy if WB dig their heels in.

look upā€¦

edit: oops. wrong thread, my badā€¦ here: #40 Luke Lavender - NewLAV!

Essendonā€™s new strategy. Only trade in parseltongue. Ssssssā€¦

2 Likes

Grampa: Have you ever read ā€œThe Boy Who Cried Wolfā€?
Bart: I glanced at it.
Boy cries wolf, has a few laughsā€¦ I forget how it ends.

3 Likes

Dodoro is not so bad. It could be worse.

5 Likes

Credit when credit is due, the Smith trade is excellent work & its not even reliant on Smith having a standout year. These are exactly the types of trades Iā€™ve said are possible every year (saga not withstanding) so I am thrilled to see it come to fruition.

10 Likes

Still waiting for the articles pointing out Bulldogs should get the trade done and stop messing with Jake Stringers well being/emotional state. Let the kid move on to bigger and better things.

3 Likes

All this rubbish is pay back by the Doggies. Let him go so he and you can move on.

Just back from another successful sortie above the Gold Coast, long time Bomber recruiting Ace, Adrian Dodoro, has had a long list of ā€˜killsā€™ to his name. But thereā€™s no time for rest, heā€™s hoping for at least one more ā€œjacketā€ in his 2017 trading campaign.

12 Likes

How many years is Jackets signed for? We may need to extend his contract after this year.

He looks like he is loving life at the moment too!

1 Like

i would think hed just be on payroll. also worth noting that he doesent need to work at Essendon if he doesent want to. he is extremely wealthy from property development and his cafe does a roaring trade.

4 Likes

Paid in outerwear not dollars

Has been too long in the club. What has he ever done. Time to go, Dodo. Absolutely useless. Club is farked. Embracing mediocrity for 17 years. Sitting on his hands. Toxic. Get serious, Essington.

8 Likes

U mad bro?

1 Like

Iā€™m never mad*

*May be a complete lie.

2 Likes

Jackets has completed 2 out of the 5 trade deals done to date, with the Stringer deal imminent. Having an epic trade period. All those millions from the Casey property deal have put him in a good head space. Sorted for life on the financial front, so is feeling unencumbered to go berserk at the trade table. Loving his work. Hopefully, more to follow.

Completely agree, I may be late on the sack Dodo bandwagon, but I truly believe it is gathering steam. While jackets has had some success with trades he has relied on the post-saga good will of other clubs to get his targets over the line, and has completely failed to sign any free agents outside of those trades.

I would even question whether the lack of supposed interest in big name free agents like Rockliff, Motlop, Jack Trengrove and his son were really a smoke screen for his inability to attract the big names.

Maybe we didnā€™t want any of those free agents

Age demographic we after is to target 20-24yr olds at present so we have a core group all coming through together.

We certainly didnā€™t think that Rockliff was worthwhile, too expensive, ā– ā– ā– ā–  bloke. Motlop flaky. Trengove no better than Hartley.

I think those we have had nominate us far more beneficial for us long term.

Smith may become that 30+ possession inside mid whose got far more outside game, pace and tricks than Rockliff.

Saads recruitment allows McGrath into midfield whose output will consistently outdo Motlop already and be that dynamic line breaker.

Stringer on board may mean Hooker can go back, so Trengove pointless.

3 Likes