Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

But which is the bigger mistake? drafting him in the first place or then playing him in a position he wasn’t suited to?

I’ll go with gacking him full of cutting edge supplements to the point that he left

8 Likes

Melksham played a fair chunk of footy on our HF line.

He never played like he is now.

3 Likes

I’d argue he played a few games of that quality for us, though I’ll admit I always have been a Melksham apologist. It also helps that any time he ■■■■■ up he’s not ■■■■■■■ up for Essendon, so it’s much easier to be philosophical “take the good with the bad” about it.

2 Likes

He did, but he played those games in the midfield for us.

Rarely as a half forward. He was bog ordinary as a half forward for us, he was actually better at half back.

I’m pretty sure you’ll find that at half back he cost us 8-10 goals a game. At least those are the arguments I remember having.

We gave him loads of midfield time. I’d also add that playing half forward when you have a weak midfield equals very little chances to do well. Laverde and Langford would be much better players with a strong midfield core already established. As to the question of should we have drafted him - sure, if we somehow believed a half forward was a bigger need. Again if that is what Dodoro or anyone else at the club thought then they are morons! It would seem most likely they thought he could become a mid

And there lie the problem, maybe we just didn’t develop him and Melbourne have.

1 Like

Isn’t Merv the one in charge of picking talent? I would hire Callum Twomey.

1 Like

The #1 reason we have been garbage for 15 years

I still laugh at this fool having 2 picks in 1st 20 and selected Lav and Langford. One out of two would be a pass but 0-2. Don’t even start me on Kav and Myers

2 Likes

The bloke should just be in charge of list management ie contracts etc get some else to do the talent scouting.

Its been like that for a long time, Merve Keane is the head recruiter

Well then it might be time for Merve to go

You’re all wrong. It’s Mark Neeld.

1 Like

People were saying that players were confused when he was coaching Melbourne sounds like the same thing is happening at EFC

3 Likes

Lol. I was joking.

Apprantley that was one of the main reasons he got fired at Melbourne.

1 Like

That ideal player you described we already have and he has been playing VFL :wink:

Is he the captain?

Last time we got a pick right was when BASS took control and drafted Raz while Dodoro and co were fumbling around asking for more time.

2 Likes