Pubs in Brisbane: Essendon on Foxtel

For some reason the Dreamtime game tonight has been shafted on free to air television in Brisbane.

Any suggestions for foxtel-playing public houses in the greater Brisbane metropolitan area to watch the game tonight, or Essendon games in general? I've just moved here and don't know many pubs.

I'm having nightmares about investing in pints, maybe even a parma and then relaxing to watch the game only for the channel to be switched to the N.R.L.

Surely there is somewhere in Pig City that is Essendon friendly, or at least Essendon sympathetic?

Cheers

Any reviews on The Pineapple Hotel in Kangaroo Point?

quite a few places mate...pineapple hotel is gooden tho!

Might pay to call first, I've been in "sports bars" up here that only have Fox Sports 1, 2, 3 and not Fox Footy, ■■■■■■ frustrating.

Pineapple will definitely have it, and so will the Pig and Whistle at Eagle Street.

Any reviews on The Pineapple Hotel in Kangaroo Point?

They'll be showing it for sure.

I was up there for the Brisbane game and went to the Pineapple beforehand and they had the footy on about 10 screens.

Yeah only just realised it’s not on free to air on the Gold Coast either, WTF!

Instead I get to watch Scott pilgrim vs the world…farkin yay.

Yeah only just realised it's not on free to air on the Gold Coast either, WTF!
Instead I get to watch Scott pilgrim vs the world....farkin yay.

Where do you watch the footy Billy? I'm thinking about heading to Southport Sharks but the cab fare is around $30 from Benowa. I could watch at my local (Benowa), but doubt I will get any sound with the ■■■■■■ Rugby crowds.

Yeah I have so many nightmare stories of trying to watch us play in Brisbane…I just ended up getting fox

Screw Brisbane.*

*except for that Chinese restaurant down on Southbank.

As mentioned, The Pineapple will. The Chalk will too. Closer to the city I used to often watch at The Fox, or The Melbourne. You might want to ring ahead for those last two though, just to double check.

Yeah only just realised it's not on free to air on the Gold Coast either, WTF!
Instead I get to watch Scott pilgrim vs the world....farkin yay.

Where do you watch the footy Billy? I'm thinking about heading to Southport Sharks but the cab fare is around $30 from Benowa. I could watch at my local (Benowa), but doubt I will get any sound with the ***** Rugby crowds.

Yeah bit of mission to get to southport for me. Any fox games I just have to wait till the replay can be downloaded.

It s on at my joint, come over.

It s on at my joint, come over.

Thanks - maybe next time

Thanks all - Pineapple turned out to be a great choice. Thumbs up from me.

Screw Brisbane.*

*except for that Chinese restaurant down on Southbank.

"The minister for corruption is working late. Wants a piece of the action in race eight. No S.P. here, he's ringing interstate!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehx4CZSsojI