Pushing for more games at the G?

The Age has written an article tonight saying that we are trying to re-negotiate our contract with Etihad Stadium so that we may play one more home game per year at the G (starting from next season).

I’m not going to post the article / link because its written by an Age journo who we dislike. However the article says that Tanner has confirmed we are seeking to re-negotiate the contract so that the home game split is 6 at Etihad and 5 at the G.

I feel like we should be going even further but perhaps that’s not realistic given that our contract at Etihad doesn’t expire till 2025.

Thoughts?

Perfect world would be all 11 home at the G but if not an extra home game at the G in the short term is good enough.

Dont mind, dont care about having the home games at Etihad v GWS, Gold Coast, St Kilda etc.

We’ll build a new stadium, we’ll get the mexicans to pay for the stadium.

I’d prefer all 11 at the G but that’s a pipe-dream. Even Collingwood and Carlton play a few home games at Etihad these days don’t they?

Honestly wish victoria was full of like 4 stadiums sized from like 30k to 120k capacity.

I’d love more if not all at the G…but we’ll need to concentrate on filling Etihad with 45k plus more regularly first…does not happen near enough

We might have 60k+ members, but realistically a game vs norf or the saints won’t pull more than 45k. I’d much rather close the roof and have docklands jumping than sit in a half-empty mcg.

30-40k at Etihad can create a great atmosphere, but a similar crowd at the G is rubbish.

2 Likes

When we play Geelong should be at G instead of Etihad like it has been for our home game.

Nothing better than walking out of Etihad on an icy Sunday evening in the middle of winter after turning over St Kilda.

1 Like
Nothing better than walking out of Etihad on an icy Sunday evening in the middle of winter after being turned over by St Kilda.

5 at the G
5 at Etihad
1 in Bangalore

Nothing better than walking out of Etihad on an icy Sunday evening in the middle of winter after turning over St Kilda.

I live for the wind, rain and myki queue on the Bourke St footbridge.

1 Like

I’ve actually recently come to the view that the MCG should be no clubs home ground, and that every team in the league, should as near as possible, play the same amount of games there per year.

Yes, including I/state teams regardless of crowd size or TV look, … - they can just do their best to schedule them against large drawing clubs.

They need to get another etihad sized one up somewhere ASAP to allow something along those lines to happen I reckon.

Either that, or play the GF at the highest ranked clubs home ground.

The lopsided advantage one team can have in the Ultimate Decider of the comp, is enormous.

5 at the G 5 at Etihad 1 in Bangalore Canada

What can you say. Improvement is improvement. 1 extra at the G would be good plus we should be changing Melbourne to Etihad and using that spot for a more high profile game.

Also wouldn’t it be better to copy and past Caro’s article so she doesn’t get the hits?

Said it’s name.

Insta BAN.

Also lol Caro:

“plus against Geelong in the so-called “country game””

wtf?

Doesn’t the AFL own the stadium now? So of course we should play more games at the MCG. continue to do as directed by our evil overlords.

G hot chips >>>> Eating Visy cardboard with a Carlton player’s head on it >>>>> Docklands hot chips

We'll build a new stadium, we'll get the mexicans to pay for the stadium.

Save your Mexican talk for the saga thread!

One more game at the MCG is a step in the right direction. Wouldn’t actually want 11 home games there. Imagine games at the G against the Giants, Suns, etc. Would be good to reverse the current situation and play 7 at the G and 4 at Etihad against the minnows (like Norf, LOL).