Putin rattling cages

He really misses the good, old days of the Soviet Union. Everything was much better for all those Eastern European countries back then, right? Right?

I think the yanks miss the cold war too. Seriously, this is just ■■■■ all round.

He really misses the good, old days of the Soviet Union. Everything was much better for all those Eastern European countries back then, right? Right?

I think the yanks miss the cold war too. Seriously, this is just ■■■■ all round.

I think it is going to get much worse

Crimea a river you guys.

Let’s not be Russian to judgement here…

Exactly. Could be just a little kremlin in the works.

What a load of Bolshevik.

I think it is going to get much worse

I have a little hope that it’ll calm down a bit after the us election. My gut feeling is that putins long game is the discrediting if democracy, and the sort of autocratic crony capitalist model he runs (and that also runs in china, and in many Arab counties) gaining a degree of respect and legitimacy of the ‘well, it’s a bit tyrannical but at least it’s not trump’ sort.

If western democracy implodes into a mess of squabbling populist morons or goes down the tubes of another self-inflicted financial crisis, then the EU goes, and NATO goes, and all of a sudden Russia is the unchallenged dominant power in Europe again.

It’s really hard not to go back to the late 20s and early 30s for a historical parallel. The Great Depression discredited democratic capitalism and it was largely seen as a dying, moribund philosophy with the wave of the future being fascism, which promised no-nonsense, strong, get-things-done autocratic rule by a technocratic management class.

My final thought before sleep is… if Putin shat in a can, he could call it Putin’s Putin.

Kim Jong has me more worried then Putin. Some news reports want the US to give Japan nuclear weapons for self defence if North Korea do the unthinkable. But the theory behind it is to get China to control North Korea more than give their nearby enemy nuclear weapons.

Ural be sorry!

Moscow now, dinner’s ready.

Has called for his people to return to the motherland. Sure he is just rattling some cages but it is a dangerous game of chicken.

The 2020 world cup will be interesting to say the least.

Maybe for you. I’ll be more interested in the 2018 world cup

Im more worried about china and north korea than russia.

Shouldn’t worry too much about China. They own most of Australia’s resources already, so unlikely to inflict much damage on their own property.

And being governed from Beijing would have to be an improvement on the self-serving incompetent tools who infest all sides in Canberra.

Shouldn’t worry too much about China. They own most of Australia’s resources already, so unlikely to inflict much damage on their own property.

And being governed from Beijing would have to be an improvement on the self-serving incompetent tools who invest all sides in Canberra.

Having just lived in China for most of the last 10 years, they are not a problem. They are more interested in trade and having access to e\raw materials. Since we already supply them there is no problem here.

I miss Boris Yeltsin. Russia was fun then. Well, for those of us outside the country at any rate.

Crimea a river you guys.

Let’s not be Russian to judgement here…

Exactly. Could be just a little kremlin in the works.

What a load of Bolshevik.

Thats a bit Volga.

Ah, Putin is small fry compared to the South China Sea.

I miss Boris Yeltsin. Russia was fun then. Well, for those of us outside the country at any rate.

Vodka sales were definitely up.