Questions about Training 19th January, not a report

Is it on today? If so, what time? Have headed back to work this week but keen to get out for a couple of hours today to have a look.

Wouldnā€™t surprise me if it was a really short session today due to the heat. Hope green and Francis are wearing SPF 1000

4 Likes

They should get out there and go twice as hard for twice as long i reckon. For awhile there teams were spending big on training camps in the heat (port, melb, us to i think) as it supposedly produced good/better results than altitude.

And they are getting it for free right at home!!! :grinning:

10 Likes

Conor could turn up in a full firefighters outfit and still get burnt!

I think someone reported on the EFC site that training was on this morning from around 10am, although I canā€™t find it.

Even though itā€™s hot in past years they have done full sessions in extreme heat, just with more drink breaks.

1 Like

Yep, 10am.

Its a scorcher to go out to watch training.

1 Like

FXD

I was there for 10 minutes, way too hot.

Big Aaron Francis training alone on Eithad oval ( goal kicking practice )

1 Like

Look! Itā€™s moving. Itā€™s alive. Itā€™s aliveā€¦ Itā€™s alive, itā€™s moving, itā€™s alive, itā€™s alive, itā€™s alive, itā€™s alive, ITā€™S ALIVE!

1 Like

Your username is very apt today :wink:

1 Like

Implying that Francis is actually training.

1 Like

Aaron Francis forward, confirmed.

1 Like

given the heat, the Francis sighting may have been a mirage

33 Likes

Never forget Leroy Jettaā€™s pre-season at half back.

2 Likes

LEROY

9 Likes

On the Bomber app Justin Crowe was saying they were going to have two quarters of match simulation and two quarters of AFLX today. Also gave a good breakdown of all the current injuries. Franga has a hip complaint but nothing seriousā€¦ he lives!!

4 Likes

Did he use the word ā€˜knockā€™ or ā€˜complaintā€™, it is a very important technical distinction

12 Likes

Actually to be serious for a minute Iā€™m really concerned about Franga. Three years of injury stopping him getting where he wants to. It wouldnā€™t totally surprise if he just walked away. Poor kid.

Crow re: Fancis- Ɓ 'ā€˜slow and steady approachā€™ to his build upā€¦

KNOCK= 8 weeks
SLOW N STEADY = Coooooooooooked.

2 Likes

Did anyone see the clip of the players playing AFLX before it was taken down?

Also, see Laverde lining up on Heppell in this photo:

A sign that heā€™s gonna play midfield?

And is that really Myers out-muscling Stewart?