A thread about rain and no other things

Beautiful sunny day in San Francisco.

But very cold nights and it is dark at 5 pm

Are you looking out over that Golden Gate bridge out on another gorgeous sunny Saturday, not seeing that bumper to bumper traffic?

?

1 Like
2 Likes

Exactly what are the BoM trying to do at the moment?

Yesterday morning here in Victoria (forecast max 37 deg) they had representatives all over various media warning of the dangers and that people had to be careful and take the heat incredibly seriously.
This morning in Sydney (forecast max 39 deg), they were doing the same.

FFS, it’s like we’ve never experienced a hot day before… And this is after the (generally) uneventful storm last weekend (we had a far more destructive storm, albeit more localised the weekend before) where you’d have thought it was to be the likes of which we’d never previously encountered.

Is this BoM hysteria their equivalent of “look at me”??

It’s all about litigation.

Read: Nanny State

3 Likes

weird indeed

In Melbourne at least, there is this general heightened anxiety about the weather amongst Melbournians that is amplified by the media. Anything over 26 is a heatwave and people are whinging and suffering and need relief as they can’t stand it. Sorry the weather is not about being 25 and sunny with a calm breeze every day. If it’s summer it should be hot. And the hotter the better I say. Haven’t had a decent hot summer for yonks.

There are some people in the community who have health issues that are worsened with extreme heat. If you don’t understand that or can’t empathise, then whatever.

1 Like

Of course, but hasn’t that always been the case? Why the sudden hysteria??

Maybe cause everything int he media is now filled with over the top emotions.

It’s never now a report about the cricket, it’s A HUGE DAY OF CRICKET THAT HAD EVERYTHING!

1 Like

They could always move to Guatemala. Temperature varies between 25 and 28 everyday of the year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heavy rain and thunder here.

Yep, I’m right under the storm. This storm is much more significant than rainmageddon

Loving the rain and hail.

I presume you hung on to it…?

1 Like

■■■■■■ me off when I miss a good storm.

Hang on, which thread am I in?

You want the thread next door.

1 Like

2 hail damaged vehicles tonight. Boooo