A thread about rain and no other things

I take my comment from earlier back. Melbourne can do rain pretty well. We stayed at the Clarion Suites on the corner of William & Flinders Streets one January for the Aus Open. The hotel had an arrangement with Doherty’s Gym which was just down Flinders St heading back toward Fed Square. Anyway, two days after we left your fine city, it belted down to such an extent that Doherty’s gym was completely flooded and people were pictured swimming and canoeing down Flinders St. Our hotel was only spared because it occupies an elevated position on William St but those buildings on Flinders were buggered.

■■■■■■ hell they were crapping on like the end of the world is happening.

i’m pretty sure they said showers throughout the morning, with ■■■■ getting proper hectic this arvo then throughout the weeknd?

1 Like

BoM already downgrading the expected rainfall

wolf wolf wolfy WOLF

2 Likes

No they didn’t they just moved the main area where they expected the peak amount to hit the strong southerly is moving the Center more north, the northern ranges get hit the worst now.

1 Like

If it doesn’t happen in Melbourne it never happened

5 Likes

Just missed out on the red zone.That’s the killer, when drains and gutters can’t cope with the intensity.

Reign.

5 Likes

Alright. It’s really coming down in the city now.

Thornbury, Preston etc just copped a belting. Gutters and drains didn’t cope.

james rain

1 Like

…and the sun never sets on the Empaaahr of WA when it’s full o’ Poms.

Just started in my area

I’m slightly torn between not being able to think of a terribly off-colour remark, and not wanting to post it anyway.

Megan Rain

HaHa… Was that shot taken at Arden St?

That’s because you aren’t always evil.

Oh, I don’t think that’s true.
I ran one past Mrs Wim and she said, ‘That’s not appropriate,’ so…

1 Like

close the roof

1 Like