Rd 17: Team v St Kilda - Woosha gives us the Bird

4 Likes

All it really confirms is vfl form never means much at senior selection, MOST the time. There’s been a few cases this year where blokes have come in off not much form

Btw where the FK is begley. Jeez greeny, hope you have a blinder

Yep, but usually, that’s because we are happy with our structure and are looking for a similar replacement. I would have been fine with Begley for Green. Or even Laverde for Green. But not Begley for Jobe. We don’t have anyone ready to replace Colyer. And Stewert is doing fine.

1 Like

Imagine if they had a full blown drug scandal. There’d be nothing left of the club.

2 Likes

That’s the biggest load of horse$hit I have ever heard.

1 Like

You picked it last week with Myers, this week you’ve potted the Bird.

Let’s hope you keep up your good form.

3 Likes

I like the thread title.

Kudos to you sir or madam.

3 Likes

He brings his own footies.

9 Likes

That’s the intention.

I’m not actually potting Bird by the way, he just didn’t get selected when in form, but does get selected when not.

I don’t understand Green still being there, that’s the real bewilderment.

1 Like

Think he means that Bird should of been selected weeks ago when in form.
We wait until he has a quietish patch before finally selecting him. Need to reward guys when they are on a hot streak

But Jobe needs a rest now, not 2 weeks ago, and that makes a difference.

3 Likes

This is hardly the first opportunity to bring Bird in.

3 Likes

No chance Birdy tags, but he will set the tone tackle wise. Hope he comes in playing like his career depends on it and brings the rest with him, great selection

4 Likes

Watson didn’t need a break 2 weeks ago, hence bird wasn’t picked.

I’m trying to think of a way to show how simplistic (and stupid) that sorta thinking is, and the best i can get to, is a “flat earther” justifying the earth is flat cos we walk on flat surfaces, not a round one.

It really is just mind numbing watching some people try to justify their POV.

When Bird dominates, racks up 30+ touches, 9 tackles, 2 goals etc… does he keep Watson out of the side next week?

But Watson won’t need a rest next week, so he’ll have to go back to the vfl :roll_eyes:

1 Like

http://i.imgur.com/vb4iCbq.jpg

11 Likes

21 Likes