Rd 18: Team v Roos - Woosha flicks the Bird and talks Laverde to us

Rd 18: Team v Roos

Simon Conway July 20, 2017 6:20 PM

BTV: RD 18 | Team Selection John Worsfold announces the team that will take on North Melbourne in Round 18.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-07-20/rd-18-team-v-roos

Essendon has made two changes to the side for the match against North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Saturday.

Jobe Watson returns after he was rested last week, while Jayden Laverde has been named for his first match of the season.

Josh Green (hamstring) and Craig Bird are the players to miss out.

Laverde injured his ankle in March. He has played the last three games in the VFL and booted six goals last week.

The match against the Kangaroos is the Club’s annual ‘Clash for Cancer’.

As part of the Club’s partnership with Challenge, 22 kids from the children’s cancer charity, will join the team when they run out on to the field.

The players will wear a ‘splash of yellow’ on their jumpers and fans are encouraged to do the same.

The career of Our Comeback Hero, Adam Ramanauskas, will be celebrated before the match.

There is also a special ticket offer for Saturday’s game, see below for details.
Round 18
Essendon vs North Melbourne
Saturday July 22
Etihad Stadium
1:45pm

In: Jobe Watson, Jayden Laverde

Out: Josh Green (hamstring), Craig Bird

B: Andrew McGrath, Michael Hartley, Martin Gleeson

HB: Conor McKenna, Michael Hurley, James Kelly

C: Zach Merrett, Dyson Heppell, Brendon Goddard

HF: Orazio Fantasia, Cale Hooker, Travis Colyer

F: James Stewart, Joe Daniher, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti

R: Tom Bellchambers, Jobe Watson, Darcy Parish

I: David Zaharakis, Mark Baguley, David Myers, Jayden Laverde

E: Josh Begley, Kyle Langford, Matt Dea

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2017-07-20/rd-18-team-v-roos

5 Likes

Laving life.

1 Like

2 Likes

You’ve been waiting for that haven’t you?

11 Likes

First time Jobe and LAV have played a h&a game together

15 Likes

Nice

Feel for Brd. If I was him I’d start cleaning out my locker

8 Likes

gave Bird the bird.

Begley got bigly birded too.

having said all that - seems the strongest 22 we’ve fielded this season - missing only Ambo from current Best 22.

1 Like

Unlucky for Bird but as a depth player it is what it is. Interestingly he still not picked as an emergency even.

Pumped to see LAV back in team, he should really do some damage given taller defenders having to go to our big 3.

1 Like

Jobe has to come back in but Bird is pretty unfortunate. Played well.

8 Likes

LAV

Well the Blitzers will be happy!! (Mostly!)

6 Likes

YOU’VE GOT TO SHOW ME LAV

3 Likes

BORING.

How dare they give us what we all* knew and wanted.

*shut up

1 Like

IN:

24 Likes

It’s been said a few times this year, but with the introduction of Lav, I reckon that’s the strongest side we’ve fielded all year. Only Ambrose missing from the ideal best 22, although I’m not sure who he would replace.

2 Likes

Feel for Bird, he was good last week. But can’t have him, Jobe and Heppell in the team.

6 Likes

Out of curiosity, didn’t we play the clash for cancer against Sydney in previous years? Or am I just dreaming?