Rd 18: Team v Roos - Woosha flicks the Bird and talks Laverde to us

I didn’t panic so much as just got a bit frustrated/worried. I was nearly certain even essington couldn’t lose from there, but was ■■■■■■ that we couldn’t finish them and win by 10 goals (at that time). But we kicked a goal to stop their run and kicked another 3 to win the quarter and clock up another 10 goal win.

I just hope the players aren’t as scarred as some (a few) of us supporters. This is the sort of game we would drop or at best grind out a 3 goal win.

If we want to prove we have learnt out lessons and want to be serious for next year (and this season) then this is a game we should win easily. North are either tanking or just taking the ■■■■ and want to shove it in our faces even more.

2 Likes

Could be a classic. If North are trying to tank and we go Essington they still might struggle to lose with Fisher and Pannell umpiring.

2 Likes

I’m usually a very calm guy who rarely gets angry & frustrated (although I got pretty close to losing it after the Brisbane game) and tries not to rag on the players or coaches because I understand they have a tough job and sometimes ■■■■ happens and we all have off days but if we lose this one against these tin rattling tankers I will seriously go full FCFC

6 Likes

He had 3 weeks in the VFL

North if they get Kelly, or even if they dont get Kelly.

3 Likes

Ok, people should seriously stop projecting margins. Priorities tomorrow are the win and how the win is achieved and the rest will look after itself. Go Bombers!

1 Like

On paper when you put the teams against each other we shoukd win easily. But due to past experiences I just can’t be confident at all.

Against inexperienced teams you need to come out guys blazing and put them to the sword early to kill off any confidence they may have.

If you start sluggish, they will feel like they are in the game and only grow in confidence.

Really want to see us develop a killer instinct as a team. Put the foot on the throateay and then don’t let if off

Have the players learned from past experiences. I really hope so

3 Likes

Our midfield is just getting up to speed. We have 3 players in the team who are getting 6 clearances each. in recent games. NMFC have The competition leader, Cunnington (avg 7.9) but Ziebel who averages 5 is out, leaving Swallow and Higgins as the next best averaging around 4.5, so we should be able to break even on clearances, and with a better defence and attack we should win.
As to TBell, he found a way to put a leaping ruckman off by just destabilising Ryder in his jump. I would expect TBell to “beat the Daw down” around the packs if he plays like he has been the last few weeks and should beat Daw for clearances, to take the edge off Cunningtons superiority.

Thomas BeechCucumber paying $81 for most goals, would love nothing more than him to give Majak the full Renae Ayris treatment while kicking a few snags.

Only problem is he needs to kick 11 to beat Joe Dan

2 Likes

African or European, though?

3 Likes

Hartley will have to do a full on defensive game on Brown, because that muppet is a really fast mobile tall, right up there running equal 3rd in the Coleman. Shame Ambo is not in, he is probably a better matchup for Brown. Apart from that, Waite is a potential threat who runs hot and cold while the rest of their forwards sit below Green in term of goals per game.

McGrath was a champion high jumper at school, he could clear 2m. I seriously think he would be able to go head to head with Daw

1 Like

i wanna see a mcgrath screamer.

3 Likes

So the article in the OP says “There is also a special ticket offer for Saturday’s game, see below for details.”

Any idea what the offer is?

$28 for level 3 seats I think.

1 Like

Apparently if you buy a ticket they’ll let you into the ground. Sounds like a good deal to me.

16 Likes

Hmm, must;ve learned their lesson from dreamtime.

I disagree, I feel like a lot of people are pretty cautious about this game.

We’re about as consistent as Lee Fishers’ umpiring after all.

1 Like

If we don’t give these tin rattlers a proper paddlin’ tomorrow I will throw away my paddle

11 Likes

McGrath in the ruck it is!

1 Like