Rd 18: Team v Roos - Woosha flicks the Bird and talks Laverde to us

Also notice that Courtney Lai is goal umpiring. We’re fuct.

We lost that game because of the umpires…cringe…

Everytime I see that photo of Sir James, I’m always taken aback by how much he looks like my Dad in his War/Army photo.

It’s seriously uncanny.

1 Like

“Why did you become an umpire: I was advised to stop playing due to shoulder injuries, and found that I had greater ability as a goal umpire than I ever did as a player”

wowee

3 Likes

:weary: That doesn’t help my North Melbourne anxiety at all. I’m going to need a lot of booze at this game. I can sense it already.

1 Like

Surprising yet satisfying changes

And apparently he’s a doctor. Why would a doctor want to be a goal umpire?

The new kid rucks a bit doesn’t he?

Look up his honours as an umpire.

find a medal that if you google returns to his page.

I thought James looked like Ozzie. Is your dad Ozzie?

it doesn’t look like the “Brian Pratt medal” even exists

No Thomas? What a shame.

1 Like

Why did you become an umpire: I get paid really well as a doctor, but then I realised I could take a job from somebody else in my part time

8 Likes

Yep. What a f**kin’ grub.

Who the ■■■■ is Courtney Lai?

5 Likes

Some bloke coming after your job

6 Likes

I feel like I’m in bizarro world. We name a great side, probably our strongest, and North name massive outs and are struggling through an extensive injury list.

Yet Big Footy North supporters seem more confident than Essendon…myself included.

The only thing that’s keeping me calm is that Essendon have made a point in the media to talk about complacency. Woosha even finally mentioned that they are indeed aiming for finals. Surely this can’t be a repeat of Brisbane.

2 Likes

Goldstein, zeibbel out. Waite in.
Watson and LAV in, Bird and greene out.
Our ins are better than our outs
Norths outs are better than their ins
Pannell and Fisher umpiring

We’re ■■■■■■

9 Likes

How does Fisher keep his job? Is it to encourage past players to become umps or something?