Rd 18: Team v Roos - Woosha flicks the Bird and talks Laverde to us

Even if Essington turn up, North are tanking so hard so they can get pick one to use in a trade for Josh Kelly. If they get even close to being in front watch them go with a 3-man, all-small backline. And they’ll go with 2 men at each centre bounce. And several midfielders will have to undergo the concussion test at various times before coming back on just in time for someone else to need a concussion test. Majak Daw will kick a miracle goal and a contender for mark of the year in the second quarter (his only touches for the game) before being benched with a corked brain.

7 Likes

Our mental images were strangely aligned that night.

It good that Hooker has come out. For too long success hungry teams have shared their thoughts in private, afraid that revealing their aspirations will cause a backlash and discrimination from the wider community. It has long been suspected that there are players at a number of clubs with the same views.

There is nothing wrong with being success hungry. The politically correct in society frown on this attitude. They want to limit scores in junior games, and even make the AFL competition more equal so that everyone can have success. But there is a risk that the AFL will invoke their moralistic credo, and lay charges for bringing the game into disrepute by encouraging elitism in the AFL and challenging the AFL equalisation dogma

No, Hooker is to be congratulated for his brave revelations.

2 Likes

If Essendon play: Shock and awe?
If Essington play, Shock and disbelief.

Please can we destroy these tin shaking *****

5 Likes

4 Likes

I honestly can’t see why some posters pot others for being down on the club. They lost to fcking Brisbane at home, the most basket case team in the past decade and continually put in classic Essington performances. That Melbourne game where we were undefeated and played them as the bottom team and lost a few years back…pure Essington. Probably Mark Neelds best moment. My point is the club is rubbish when we’re expected to win, I’d sooner have more confidence against Adelaide at home in a few weeks than against North or Carlton. If we a genuine finals chance we need to back up a good performance and put them to the sword, 5-6 goals is a par performance.

That being said if we turn up I could actually see us winning by 13-15 goals.

6 Likes

Ha. This is going to sound bad but I’ll confess. I packed up and left the ground after the 3rd goal. I didn’t look at my phone to check the score until 15 minutes later when I was nearly back at my car. Then I checked the AFL app and noted “Goal - David Myers (1.0)” and saw we were 50 points up. I gave a fist pump into the cold night air.

Yep, that sounds bad. After the third goal My son and his mate were panicking. I said just one goal and we will break them. Was still predicting 70 points, wasn’t quite right.

Games like this I just put money on the opposition. We win, we stay in finals contention. We lose,I make a few easy bucks. Kinda win/win.

3 Likes

In my defense, it wasn’t a pure “we are going to lose and I can’t watch” type feeling I had. It was 70% of an angry “screw watching these Stk ■■■■■■ narrow the margin and feel good about themselves” feeling. I figured I’d leave so that the beautiful memory of the first 3 quarters would remain untainted.

Hurley - Waite
Hartley - Brown
Gleeson - Daw/Resting ruck??

Are we a little undersized?

I thought Daw was going to be the main ruck?

Yea I assume he’ll ruck for the majority of the game so that’s means that new guy for them will play forward, he’s 198cm though

Seriously, we could put a pigeon on Daw and he wouldn’t get a touch

1 Like

McGrath it is.

16 Likes

It’s called “mood insurance”. I do it too.

3 Likes

Dodga, supporter, or Dodgy supporter?
Last year I went to every Melbourne game and by the end of the season, even the grog squad had diminished to a handful , so many were drowning their sorrows in the nearest bar…

However, I did leave early this year, for the first and only time, spewing, with 5 minutes to go against Brisbane.

You missed the last 15 minutes, where Myers imposed himself on the game at stoppages and he and Tippa turned StKildas momentum back to us. This was important. Its like, sure , we can switch off when way ahead, but when we put our foot back on the pedal, we CAN stop a run on.

It was also worth watching

2 Likes

8.19 is what Joey himself will kick. We’ll win.

I did the same thing with the Brisbane game. I was absolutely fuming.

We need this North win to restore some confidence…not in the team, for supporters so we don’t have nervous breakdowns during the rest of the season.

The rubbish frees will start from the first bounce so we won’t be able to get far ahead

2 Likes