Rebecca Wilson has passed away

Cancer is an insidious thing

And there’s unlikely ever to be A cure for cancer. From my understanding, there are plenty of different versions, some of which require radically different courses of treatment.

I’ve known a few with the pancreatic variety in recent years, one of the most insidious with a 5% survival rate, and even then I hear there are 3 different versions.

Problem is with a lot, the first symptom is the pain, which means that by that time, it’s spread too far.

Agree on most points and whilst we may never get to 0 deaths worldwide from cancer you can never really predict how good things will get. I think with AI and nanotechnology we will reach a point of inflection in medicine in the next few decades. I don’t think in a hundred years we will be simply x amount better than we are now, where x is just the rate we’ve been “chipping away” with improvements in the last hundred years.

But I digress.

Sadly I lost my father to cancer yesterday. Six months ago he was an apparently fit and healthy 78 year old. In time we’ll probably be thankful it happened quickly but watching him deteriorate so rapidly was gut wrenching to say the least.
I feel for her loved ones, it’s a prick of a disease.

Re Dad, he was a passionate Bomber, and M13 at the G and aisle 41 top level at Etihad won’t be the same without him.

I also now have an infinite respect for nurses, the ones I enountered do amazing work.

Sadly I lost my father to cancer yesterday. Six months ago he was an apparently fit and healthy 78 year old. In time we'll probably be thankful it happened quickly but watching him deteriorate so rapidly was gut wrenching to say the least. I feel for her loved ones, it's a prick of a disease.

Re Dad, he was a passionate Bomber, and M13 at the G and aisle 41 top level at Etihad won’t be the same without him.

I also now have an infinite respect for nurses, the ones I enountered do amazing work.

Sorry to hear that swooper.
R.I.P. swoopers dad.

And as for the nurses.
As someone who went through chemo twice, I agree re the nurses.
Oncology nurses are angels.

Sadly I lost my father to cancer yesterday. Six months ago he was an apparently fit and healthy 78 year old. In time we'll probably be thankful it happened quickly but watching him deteriorate so rapidly was gut wrenching to say the least. I feel for her loved ones, it's a prick of a disease.

Sorry to hear that swooper.
R.I.P. swoopers dad.

And as for the nurses.
As someone who went through chemo twice, I agree re the nurses.
Oncology nurses are angels.

Thanks Reboot

Swooper, my condolences to you and your family.

Take care.

So sorry to hear that buddy, it’s just a nightmare to watch happen. We lost my aunty last year to a similar timeline, and my sister just finished up radiation and has (for now, and everything crossed) beaten it. And yes, goodness me, the nurses are just another breed of human.

It’s a ruthless, savage disease, and anybody who thinks some mean words about football players trumps somebody passing from cancer, needs to see a physiologist, because you’ve lost all sense of perspective.

Hope you and you’re family are doing ok Swoop.

So sorry to hear that buddy, it’s just a nightmare to watch happen. We lost my aunty last year to a similar timeline, and my sister just finished up radiation and has (for now, and everything crossed) beaten it. And yes, goodness me, the nurses are just another breed of human.

It’s a ruthless, savage disease, and anybody who thinks some mean words about football players trumps somebody passing from cancer, needs to see a physiologist, because you’ve lost all sense of perspective.

Hope you and you’re family are doing ok Swoop.

Thanks PP, and I truly hope your sister has seen the last of it mate.

Did you make up that song or is it an actual song?

I have no idea what it’s about. Is it about revenge?

Did you make up that song or is it an actual song?

I have no idea what it’s about. Is it about revenge?

It is an actual song, and I think it’s SN’s farewell song.

■■■■ Cancer! I was fortunate enough to have my mum alive, fighting, for 13 years. She was 53. Some aren’t so lucky. No matter how you feel about her, she was a daughter, a sister, a mother, a wife. My heart-felt thoughts go out to her family.