Recruitment of a ruckman

Done Deal!

They didnā€™t match

Disco dominating trade week

Great result!

Just done it he is ours

I reserve judgement until perennial genius DP speaks up.

Confirmed:

Ruck stocks as it now stands:

Leuenberger
Bellchambers
Giles
McKernan (part-time)
Daniher (part-time)

Great result. We may now need not to try to draft a ruckman now.

Leuenberger
Bellchambers
Giles
McKernan (part-time)
Daniher (Permanent forward and never to go anywhere near the ruck)

fixed

I think we need a good rookie ruckman this year or next.

Why is McKernan part time?

He does a paper round as well.

He does a paper round as well.

Part-time noodle smasher

I think we need a good rookie ruckman this year or next.

I think it gives us the flexibility of maybe taking a punt on a mature aged rookie, or a guy who is raw. Knowing that we donā€™t need them for 3-4 years means we shouldnā€™t waste a top pick on a ruck imho.

Also clubs are showing that rucks are easier to get via FA than ever before. Let the minnow club develop them and then pick them up when you are ready to push for a flag.

Leuenberger
Bellchambers
Giles
McKernan (part-time)
Daniher (Permanent forward and never to go anywhere near the ruck)

fixed

Completely agree. Daniher stays forward. No more ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  around with the idea of rucking. People complaining that he hasnā€™t come on fast enough - which is a bit rich in itself - should consider what heā€™s been asked to do.

100% forward with a functioning forward line (please!) and weā€™ll see what he can do.

I know you should never read reader responses, but as is consistent with Blitz protocol, now that I have, you all have to.

Featuring a complete misunderstanding of Free-Agency and who Brisbaneā€™s gripe was actually against. Unbelievable.

Re: Leunberger.

Well said. As a non-Brisbane supporter - I canā€™t believe they let that happen. Really poor outcome for the Brions
Commenter
Matt
Date and time
October 15, 2015, 11:40AM

They forgot how stingy Essendon can be.
Essendonā€™s pay offer to Leuenberger was not enough to attract a mid 2nd rounder (pick 22) or end of 1st round (pick 19).
Commenter
The Goal Post
Date and time
October 15, 2015, 1:03PM

There are pretty transparent rules about compo picks based on salary, so unsure why this came as a shock for Brisbane. Still after being excluded from a couple of drafts and Paddy R walking out in 2014 for what I thought was a low pick, as an Ess supporter Iā€™m happy to cop a break.
Commenter
davemac
Date and time
October 15, 2015, 1:35PM

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/trading-and-drafting/afl-trade-period-2015-day-four-20151014-gk9ej2.html#ixzz3ocePs7K4
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

They forgot how stingy Essendon can be. Essendon's pay offer to Leuenberger was not enough to attract a mid 2nd rounder (pick 22) or end of 1st round (pick 19).
And yet Brisbane wouldnā€™t match this ā€œstingyā€ offer. The Bear doth protest too much, methinks.

I half feel sorry for the lions. Apart from us, they have been getting screwed more than anyone. Perhaps we could have offered loony 450k per year and Brisvegas could have payed 100k of his salary. That would have given him a second round pick!

Donā€™t feel sorry for a team that drafts players that they know donā€™t want to go there.