Recruitment of a ruckman

Don't feel sorry for a team that drafts players that they know don't want to go there.

And their coach threatens physically.

Don't feel sorry for a team that drafts players that they know don't want to go there.

But nobody wants to go there.

So, who do they draft?

I half feel sorry for the lions. Apart from us, they have been getting screwed more than anyone. Perhaps we could have offered loony 450k per year and Brisvegas could have payed 100k of his salary. That would have given him a second round pick!

Of the teams apart from us in the past 5 or so years I have felt most sorry for the Crows. They were absolutely gutted of their best and most promising key position players of whom you can build around. They lost Bock (at a time he was good and relatively injury free), Phil Davis (who they earmarked as a leader and a talented young CHB), Jack Gunston, and Kurt Tippett. If that equivalent happened at Essendon I would be filthy.

As I write that and reflect, I suppose we have lost Crameri, Ryder and Carlisle in consecutive years. Lets hope the compensation works in our favour.

Bit late to the party on that one bud

So, who do they draft?

No one

So, who do they draft?

James Oā€™Connor

Twitter saying Giles over in the West visiting the Eagles?

That would be a fantastic result if we trade Giles who wonā€™t be getting a game for Colledge who is on the verge of senior games as a midfielder in a GF team.

And then we can pick up a young ruck through the draft to develop and potentially a rookie ruck as well

So, who do they draft?

The AFL were of the belief that if you give clubs success then everything will follow perfectly. They forgot you need to build a decent supporter base first and then help them get success because without the supporter base, when the success stops, the club fails.
I half feel sorry for the lions. Apart from us, they have been getting screwed more than anyone. Perhaps we could have offered loony 450k per year and Brisvegas could have payed 100k of his salary. That would have given him a second round pick!

Of the teams apart from us in the past 5 or so years I have felt most sorry for the Crows. They were absolutely gutted of their best and most promising key position players of whom you can build around. They lost Bock (at a time he was good and relatively injury free), Phil Davis (who they earmarked as a leader and a talented young CHB), Jack Gunston, and Kurt Tippett. If that equivalent happened at Essendon I would be filthy.

As I write that and reflect, I suppose we have lost Crameri, Ryder and Carlisle in consecutive years. Lets hope the compensation works in our favour.

Think you might have missed a pretty handy bloke who has just gone to Geelong too

Think you might have missed a pretty handy bloke who has just gone to Geelong too

Not to mention literally losing the coach halfway through the year

Yeah I was more talking about that short time period where they lost 4 key position players.

Geelong have made out like bandits AGAIN

Landed smith for a swap of pick 49 and 53 with Suns. (Who then used 53 on currie)

Geelong have made out like bandits AGAIN

Landed smith for a swap of pick 49 and 53 with Suns. (Who then used 53 on currie)

Nah, they just walk in, have a discussion about whatā€™s fair and then work on how to get as close as they can with what they have. Pretty simple.

Unlike the saints who go off on their own and go try and get ā– ā– ā– ā–  we donā€™t want then come back and say here we found you exactly what you said you didnā€™t want.

So, our ruck tally is unchanged, and we have bench and coach changes that may see more wanting to be played. Like this year, we hope for no injuriesā€¦

Rookie top-up?

I reckon weā€™re going to draft one somewhere.

Iā€™d main list one, because with Giles being replaced by Leuenberger the odds that that position on the list is injured just went up. Also weā€™ve used Carlisle in the ruck, so weā€™re down on numbers compared to last year. And we were paper thin last year.

(small forward, tall forward, pace in midfield etc). I see it as this simple

Why do I have little faith we will add this stuff.

It will be Cory Del type, a 191 cm forward and someone the pace of Kav.

I share this cynicism.
Way too cynical guys. Do you even have facts to base this on? If the last 10 years has shown you anything it is that we recruit tall forwards and pacey midfielders. Look at our speed though the middle: Myers, Hocking, Howlett, Watson, Stanton. PACE!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry. You're absolutely right. ELECTRIFYING
I reckon we're going to draft one somewhere.

Iā€™d main list one, because with Giles being replaced by Leuenberger the odds that that position on the list is injured just went up. Also weā€™ve used Carlisle in the ruck, so weā€™re down on numbers compared to last year. And we were paper thin last year.

Big Gach

I reckon we're going to draft one somewhere.

Must get a young ruckman in now. Probably as a rookie I would think.

I think we all know the answer guys, Milham, case closed!!