Recruitment of a ruckman

Baulderstone

Baulderstone

Would prefer Tommy Goodwin
Good country lad who would double as a hitman

Really think Gorringe is the way to go. Been in the system for a few years 200cm and 96kilo well worth a go.

Rhymes with orangeā€¦

Baulderstone

Would prefer Tommy Goodwin
Good country lad who would double as a hitman

Bring back Sammy Michael

I know Mckernan in stilettosā€¦

I know Mckernan in stilettos....

ā€¦a gown and falsiesā€¦

Firmly in the mix to be selected in the national draft is developing North Ballarat ruckman Rowan Marshall. The 203cm big man, who will turn 21 in November, has shown significant growth in the VFL this season and has shown ability both through the ruck and up forward. His tackling this season has proven particularly impressive along with his mobility and involvement around the ground.

and

Another young ruckman who is also in the mix to be selected is 21-year-old, 204cm, 104kg Claremont ruckman Darcy Cameron. Cameron has taken another step in the right direction this year and has not only proven effective as a tap ruckman but also as a forward with 36 goals and 106 marks from his 19 WAFL League games. He has had another impressive season and may, as a relieving ruckman or No. 1 ruckman, be a developable player.

and

Of the other ruckmen, Caseyā€™s 22-year-old, 203cm, 100kg Oscar McInerney big man is the third ruckman in the mix and is another genuine draft chance. He moves well and displays impressive cleanness below his knees for someone of his height.

Would love to get one of these at our pick 5/6 as a big tall developing ruckman all information from knightmare

Iā€™ve seen Oscar McInerney play and heā€™s got heaps of upside.

I've seen Oscar McInerney play and he's got heaps of upside.

Some on big footy liken him to English in this years draft excellent around the ground and for his side however ruckwork needs a bit

Some on big footy liken him to English in this years draft excellent around the ground and for his side however ruckwork needs a bit

Reportedly (from an old junior teammate) he never played ruck until U18 or something like that and hasnā€™t gone through TAC.
Heā€™d have a massive (and sharp) scope for improvement in that area

Reportedly (from an old junior teammate) he never played ruck until U18 or something like that and hasnā€™t gone through TAC.
Heā€™d have a massive (and sharp) scope for improvement in that area

Sounds like English to a T massive upside

As previously stated a late pick on a young developing ruckman with senior experience in the state leagues is well worth the punt. Leuenberger and Bellchambers have both had their injury concerns over the years. I donā€™t like the idea of Daniher, Stewart, Hooker et al having to ruck for long periods either.
Gach is a rookie at best at the moment and needs another season behind him. If they have their eye on someone then McKernan should / needs to be delisted, sorry to say.

I reckon recruiting a ruckman will hurt Gachā€™s development. He didnā€™t get enough VFL ruck time this year. Go with Leuenberger/Bellchambers/McKernan (and Stewart perhaps) and Nyuon. Nyuon rucks all year in the 2s. The firsts uses Leuenberger and Bellchambers as the main guys and McKernan/Steward as the 2nd stringers. No need to carry another development player this year.

I reckon recruiting a ruckman will hurt Gach's development. He didn't get enough VFL ruck time this year. Go with Leuenberger/Bellchambers/McKernan (and Stewart perhaps) and Nyuon. Nyuon rucks all year in the 2s. The firsts uses Leuenberger and Bellchambers as the main guys and McKernan/Steward as the 2nd stringers. No need to carry another development player this year.

I think people are suggesting the recruitment of a genuine ruckman on the premise that Mckernan gets delisted.

I like Mckernan but gee he is just always going to be undersized and battle to hold his own in there at AFL level.

I reckon recruiting a ruckman will hurt Gach's development. He didn't get enough VFL ruck time this year. Go with Leuenberger/Bellchambers/McKernan (and Stewart perhaps) and Nyuon. Nyuon rucks all year in the 2s. The firsts uses Leuenberger and Bellchambers as the main guys and McKernan/Steward as the 2nd stringers. No need to carry another development player this year.

Not for next season, but for the 2 - 3 seasons after that.

Yeah the moments of brain fades, lapses in concentration, giving away silly free kicks time again, then to lose 2nd efforts, his game unravels like silly string.
If he could enforce some sort of game presents but doesnā€™t have it in him for 4 qtrs let alone a season.

We are hoping belly amd leuy get through the year

Someone like Darcy would be the perfect foil solid and a gun up forward

Yeah I must admit I like the look of Sean Darcy. Big, big unit.

Yeah I must admit I like the look of Sean Darcy. Big, big unit.

Likened to big Mumford might take a while physically

Last time we recruited a ruckman from Claremont he went alright !