Recruitment of a ruckman

I've seen Oscar McInerney play and he's got heaps of upside.

Some on big footy liken him to English in this years draft excellent around the ground and for his side however ruckwork needs a bit

Some on big footy liken him to English in this years draft excellent around the ground and for his side however ruckwork needs a bit

Reportedly (from an old junior teammate) he never played ruck until U18 or something like that and hasn’t gone through TAC.
He’d have a massive (and sharp) scope for improvement in that area

Reportedly (from an old junior teammate) he never played ruck until U18 or something like that and hasn’t gone through TAC.
He’d have a massive (and sharp) scope for improvement in that area

Sounds like English to a T massive upside

As previously stated a late pick on a young developing ruckman with senior experience in the state leagues is well worth the punt. Leuenberger and Bellchambers have both had their injury concerns over the years. I don’t like the idea of Daniher, Stewart, Hooker et al having to ruck for long periods either.
Gach is a rookie at best at the moment and needs another season behind him. If they have their eye on someone then McKernan should / needs to be delisted, sorry to say.

I reckon recruiting a ruckman will hurt Gach’s development. He didn’t get enough VFL ruck time this year. Go with Leuenberger/Bellchambers/McKernan (and Stewart perhaps) and Nyuon. Nyuon rucks all year in the 2s. The firsts uses Leuenberger and Bellchambers as the main guys and McKernan/Steward as the 2nd stringers. No need to carry another development player this year.

I reckon recruiting a ruckman will hurt Gach's development. He didn't get enough VFL ruck time this year. Go with Leuenberger/Bellchambers/McKernan (and Stewart perhaps) and Nyuon. Nyuon rucks all year in the 2s. The firsts uses Leuenberger and Bellchambers as the main guys and McKernan/Steward as the 2nd stringers. No need to carry another development player this year.

I think people are suggesting the recruitment of a genuine ruckman on the premise that Mckernan gets delisted.

I like Mckernan but gee he is just always going to be undersized and battle to hold his own in there at AFL level.

I reckon recruiting a ruckman will hurt Gach's development. He didn't get enough VFL ruck time this year. Go with Leuenberger/Bellchambers/McKernan (and Stewart perhaps) and Nyuon. Nyuon rucks all year in the 2s. The firsts uses Leuenberger and Bellchambers as the main guys and McKernan/Steward as the 2nd stringers. No need to carry another development player this year.

Not for next season, but for the 2 - 3 seasons after that.

Yeah the moments of brain fades, lapses in concentration, giving away silly free kicks time again, then to lose 2nd efforts, his game unravels like silly string.
If he could enforce some sort of game presents but doesn’t have it in him for 4 qtrs let alone a season.

We are hoping belly amd leuy get through the year

Someone like Darcy would be the perfect foil solid and a gun up forward

Yeah I must admit I like the look of Sean Darcy. Big, big unit.

Yeah I must admit I like the look of Sean Darcy. Big, big unit.

Likened to big Mumford might take a while physically

Last time we recruited a ruckman from Claremont he went alright !

What’s Balderstone doing these days?

What's Balderstone doing these days?

http://www.norwoodfc.com.au/THE_TEAM/PLAYERPROFILES/18.aspx

Getting overlooked at drafts

Getting overlooked at drafts

When you’re not eating, you’re getting overlooked at the draft

Bump, I guess.

Hawthorn have delisted Fitzpatrick.

Bump, I guess.

Yeah farkin hell haha. Here we were thinking that McKernan most likely would be moved on and Gach would be the long term ruck ‘project’ ruckman.

Like the sound of Cameron