Remembering Gentleman Jack

I find it utterly hilarious that the only movie Robbo knows D-ck van D-ke from is Night at the Museum

Yet ■■■■■ car lesbian gets through

Kind of

I saw him play many times.

3 Likes

That’s really impressive :+1:

I was gonna say That’s really old, … but yeah impressive too:smirk:

I met him at a family day one year. One of the nicest fellows you’d ever meet. Really sad to hear this news.

I’ve been on about this for years. I just can’t understand why the high heid yins here at BB haven’t fixed it long ago. It’s a very easy modification for anyone who’s IT-savvy to make.

The so-called swear filter is ridiculous — for what it doesn’t filter as well as for what it does. It was set up by some pusillanimous, sanctimonious, puritanical Yank, and many of the words it bans are irrelevant in Australia, or just plain ridiculous.

Allowing the continued banning of the short, familiar form of Richard is a rank insult to the memory of our greatest player and should be fixed immediately.

We must pay him the honour which is his due — without having to use a work-around to get his name in print.

ÐICK REYNOLDS

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

When this thing began it had absolutely no filter none, … then it went from that, to this Southern Baptist puritan version.

There just has to be an inbetween, I know I had to set up a swear filter for a site I stated once, and it wasn’t hard to type 20 or so words into a list.

The only thing I can think of to explain it, is it’s either none or what we’ve got and Discourse doesn’t allow you to create your own to suit your Country and circumstances, … otherwise that simple 20 minute task would have been undertaken & executed years ago, … right?? :no_mouth:

1 Like

Correct.
The kewpie doll is yours.

I’ve had the honour of meeting Jack & sharing many a train ride to & from games over the last 20 odd years. He was always a pleasure to speak to and so passionate and proud to be a Bomber. A true gentleman.

3 Likes

Please change the thread title.
Or add
‘s achievements/life/legacy
I keep seeing the current one and it just makes me sad. I’m sure it will be appropriate at some stage, but just not yet!

2 Likes

He epitomises for me what we stand for club culture-wise and why, however dire we might be on the field at any time, we will always be a class above the likes of Collingwood and Carlton.

2 Likes

Good man, that Jack.

I had a quick chat to him at a B&F years ago, he really is a wonderfully humble yet engaging bloke.
I love the fact that he takes the youngsters to the Shrine each year.

Wally Buttsworth is a West Perth (clap clap clap) immortal.

3 Likes

Thanks Mods! You’re all champions. :+1:

Play a district bowls pairs championship final against Wally back when, at the Carlton green. Imposing sort of guy. He won. Wish I’d known then that he was an Essendon champion.

1 Like

Sadly, Jack Jones has left us.

20 Likes

Vale Jack. So sad we couldn’t get you one more ANZAC Day.

3 Likes

Lovely bloke, sad news.

3 Likes