Review how we didn’t let the Suns go down on us - 2020 round 11

15 Likes

Percentage no longer an issue

Because we didn’t lose now our wins are worth more than our percentage

Unequivocally, the better team only ended up with a draw.

3 Likes

I am staggered as to why this hasn’t been addressed!? Every club knows it and we never change something. Why are we not going man on man in those last 5 mins???

4 Likes

Great effort but early mistakes cost the 2 points

It probably doesn’t because pies also have a draw but you never know. If it takes 9 wins to make it we might end up with 9.5. rofl. It’s not happening

1 Like

Get some glasses ■■■■■■■■

its been a 10 year problem.

vivid memories of collingwood cutting us up on an anzac day with slow methodical kicks through the midfield that were only 10-15 metres.

Pretty pleased with belly’s effort as well. Took a few nice marks around the ground

■■■■ the double pythons off though you ■■■■■■

10.17 third qtr - gcs marks at hff - decides to play on runs 2 ft outside boundary - no comment - ???

Percentage only comes in to separate teams on equal points. Draw (2pts instead of 4) puts us off kilter with most teams and less likely to finish on equal points with them.

2 Likes

I know, we had more than enough time to give up another 1-2 red time goals.

Stewart showing how important a good target up forward is. Great game from him

10 Likes

we are legit sh*t

I can’t believe people are talking like our % matters now.

We won’t make the finals. we are a very average football team.

13 Likes

I gave my best supporting in that game, even did some praying, happy to get to a draw, but really thought we had it, players back we will be better.

1 Like

Too many teams are able to go coast to coast against us, cost us in the end

6 Likes

Escaped a loss…

Good
Ridley
Stewart
Langford
Zaharakis ( can’t believe it )
Bellchambers was shocking

Managed to wrestle a draw from the jaws of defeat after a 5 day turn around

Bad
We didn’t win
Injury to Zaha.
Pathetic first half

The second half, the only thing that I wasn’t happy about was the fact that we didn’t put our dominance on the scoreboard more than we did. Disappointed that we didn’t go on with it after Langers put us a goal ahead. From there we probably were lucky to get away with the draw given GC had 2 shots to win it. Our season is done, the past 2 weeks we’ve lost a game we should have won v GWS and then drawing tonight. If we were 7-3 then you’d be far more optimistic about our chances, and that’s doing no more than not throwing away a game we should have won and getting over the line tonight.

Best for me, McGrath certainly first half and the main reason why we weren’t down by more at half-time. James Stewart I was pleased to see him do so well after being out for over 18 months. Ridley was great again, intercepts and good ball use. Parish worked hard especially 2nd half, Snello was pretty good, Zaka 3 goals, Langers 2. What can you say? A draw always leaves a hollow sort of feeling…

2 Likes

We know.

But we all need a couple of minutes of positivity i reckon.

11 Likes