Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

Spot on article

And in a game decided by less than a goal the impact of the umpires influenced the outcome

Farking joke

If they had have been booing Scott everyone would have known about it, they weren’t.

It was all about the Umpires as it should have been.

5-1 if we beat Saints and Pies

What could have been

Geelong are a much much better side than they have been the last few years

Will be an incredibly tough game

4 Likes

They haven’t won a country game yet i don’t think.

Nothing more deflating than sitting down to watching the game after work, first cold beer of the eve in hand, and hearing the comms say at the opening bounce that Raz is a late out. I almost turned it off then and there.

4 Likes

So are we.

2 Likes

The irony is the pelicans booing did so to bring attention to the poor umpiring, yet today every news article and discussion is about booing and not the cause of it! Muppets.

2 Likes

Trying watching it until 3am, with another hour of post game fury wind down, then having to get up and go to work.

1 Like

Exactly, hence our club gets booed. I assume you aren’t ok with that, but reality is we are viewed as cheats so let’s not be too hypocritical shall we.

the media love any kind of controversy, and if there isn’t one they will create one. Hence the booing outrage

2 Likes

You see in the replay he clearly throws himself back for the free

1 Like

The pies had to spend most of their petrol tix to stop the effectiveness of our playing game style in the first quarter. Which they did well. But the pies couldn’t sustain it, they tired. Even though it was 9 scoring shots to 1, we stuck to our game strategy, and slowly but surely we got on top. If it were not for unusually high skill errors (some under little pressure) and awful umpiring we would have won. I’m upbeat. The pies can’t play much better than they did today. We can. We have the game and the cattle to be a massive threat this year.

2 Likes

Where do you get off, calling other people idiots for a non-violent expression of disapproval? It’s virtually our only avenue of expression that the AFL takes notice of. Are you fer us or agin’ us?

2 Likes

There might be something in the fact that weagles ran over the top of the pies’ midfield in the GF, and again a few weeks ago, as we did yesterday. Pendlebury was sensational, but I thought we covered the rest. Didn’t think treloar, beams or sideboob hurt us much.
We just need to stay fit and healthy and win enough games to play home finals. 2019 is wide open and there for the taking by the best victorian team, and at the moment we are as good as any.

1 Like

I have never, ever been so fucken angry at the footy in my life. Ever. I cant even begin to talk about the game because i will absolufuckenlutely unload into the biggest hate rant you’ll see

15 Likes

It probably is a afl directive from thegary Ablett booing, to coach/players to say something to deter it. Wouldn’t surprise.
Those guys think they can control everything.

1 Like

Ep media creating a controversy rather than the real one.

Fans ■■■■■■ off with umpires, salty about the losss as think umpire may have effected the result.

90,000 people plus the players don’t know the rules. Or the umpires weren’t calling them for Essendon in the last quarter.

I know the booing was 90% the general umpiring against us, particularly in that last qtr, and 10% Pendles accentuating contact with that late high contact free, I just don’t think we should have booed with the ferocity we did whilst a guy is trying to make a speech.

The umps made some mistakes, but the loss is on us.
Not Collingwood, and certainly not Pendlebury.

5 Likes

The hand gestures saved stallion from being s bogan.