Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

I just re-watched the first half of the game and to be honest the umpiring wasn’t that bad. I will now watch the second half again.

Perhaps it was the emotion of the day, but I have seen far worse umpiring this year.

not his new hair color though

but he did play well

è vero

2 Likes

Clear illegal disposal, so clear TWICE that even the Collingwood players stop to go give the ball back to the Essendon player.

Umpires “No play on play on!!!”

My anger has not subsided ONE bit.

18 Likes

WTF? I’m sure that’s what the armed forces went to fight for, when to booo.

Dude go back and have a read. I didn’t call anybody an idiot for booing.

In that case I don’t want the ANZAC Day game if it’s just another way for AFL to control us.

1 Like

Very much against you on this. Had you of stopped booing during the presentation your intended target would have been far clearer and your “message”, if that’s what we are calling it, would have been far stronger. Instead you just dumped more shame on the club and left the footy world debating your intentions. It was disrespectful and a massive fail. Congrats.

2 Likes

You obviously weren’t at the Prelim against the Scum when we lost by a point and most likely cost us a Premiership. :sleepy:
Having said that, the incompetence of the Maggots highlighted by Margetts and those sub humans at the G yesterday, is the main reason I am getting so disinterested in this “competition” called AFL. From the top down, corruption is ruining a game I loved to play and loved to watch.
However, ALWAYS Essendon FOREVER!

2 Likes

If I ever brought a US flag with me, I’d probably be asking for everything I get.

They mostly let the game go, which most people prefer. However when you inevitably pluck some tiggy touch wood garbage but not pay something far more obvious then you can understand the frustrations in spite the game having the feeling like it was umpired okay.

The only thing that was disrespectful and a massive fail was the umpiring.

2 Likes

The umpiring was bewildering at times but we kicked two goals that were on the end of two dubious decisions.

3 Likes

Sport is a funny thing.

Here I am now calmly walking to work, bag in one hand and phone in other casually reading this forum yet less than 24 hours ago I was carrying on like an out of control FKN ape on ice.

33 Likes

Well said, the salient point that most will miss because they lack the self awareness in their own actions.

3 Likes

I hate agreeing with Dermie but his comments about booing being part of the theatre of football is spot on. Football = passion = emotions = reaction. If we didn’t care we wouldn’t react.

3 Likes

“I mean, terrorists are passionate about what they do and, you know, that doesn’t make it right."

1 Like

The booing is fine. Just not when Pendles was getting his medal and trying to give his speech. He didn’t deserve that.

If we won and Stringer/Saad/Hurls went up to accept their medal and you couldn’t hear them over Collingwood boos, people on this forum would have a totally different opinion on what is acceptable.

4 Likes

I suppose what I take out of that is we showed an ability to fight and grind out a tough game. It certainly wasn’t pretty. Before yesterday everyone believed we were the glitz and glamour side that could move the ball at speed and kick swags of goals when we are on, but that’s it. If I’m honest, this included me. A good side to watch but that’s it. Now I believe we are capable of something more.

2 Likes

And if Daniher won after flopping for the match-winning goal, we’d all be going…ehhhh, fair enough.

1 Like