Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

I boo’d, and when the next appropriate time comes, I’LL DO IT AGAIN.

me too

It wasn’t only the Umps making us sick. Looks like there was a gastro incident at our President’s lunch pregame. Ambulances were called, people fainted. Sounds quite bad.

That was as big a flop as when Clayton Oliver did it. He was bent over for a few seconds, everything had stopped then he suddenly flies out throwing his head back. Surprised he didn’t get whiplash.

Can we get those caterers to host the umpires end of year function?

9 Likes

Pendlebury tore us to shreds in the final quarter, and some of our supporters are very very salty about it.

2 Likes

What changed was our defensive zone. We moved our extra or spare from the defensive side of the contest down the line to the defensive side of the contest on the open side.

This meant we had even numbers from the second quarter onwards whenever Collingwood switched the ball to the outside as opposed to the first quarter or so when Collingwood would get an extra out on the opposite wing and were getting deep, in pressured entries as a result.

4 Likes

Found this on my twitter.
walla

33 Likes

Could swap to Anzac eve with dees

There would probably be a riot if it was 90,000 full of tigers and pies fans with that umpiring

There you go. I noted to a mate of mine every time they switched the play in the 1st qtr how they were out every time and looked like our defensive work rate in transition was terrible but the reason was more a structural thing.

1 Like

Imagine the brawls!

People need to make up their mind. Did they boo Prendlebury or not?

Doesn’t bother me whether they did or didn’t.
People can boo who and what they like.

3 Likes

“Obviously when we travel away as a football team to opposition grounds, we get booed a lot as well. Is that poor behaviour? No, we believe that is just part of the game and if we can cop it every week then I think so should everyone else.”

1 Like

But you were trying to make a point. I was saying don’t boo during his speech if it’s not directed at him.

Who said that?

I rather think that it’s you trying to make a point.

I think it’s likely they were booing him.
If they were booing a random Collingwood player for winning a medal because they were in a grumpy mood, that’s certainly possible but difficult to tell.

Cameron Smith.

1 Like

The medal is supposed to represent “ANZAC Spirit” not best on ground.
The game wasn’t umpired in Anzac spirit. Don’t pee down our back and tell us it’s raining. This is why we were booing.

2 Likes

I was booing at all and sundry, couldn’t have cared less if it was him or not. The AFL is lucky it was only booing bacause I don’t think they realise how close it was to some people jumping the fence.

6 Likes

Go back to 2017 when Joe won it and tell me if he throws himself forward a few times in marking contests? Exactly the same thing.

1 Like