Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

Some will be ticked off as correct, the Crisp one most likely I reckon given he did actually get the handball away after being tackled to the ground. However there’s no way they’ll tick them all off as correct, too many too glaringly obvious.

Changes for next week

out: Smith (knee), Ridley(head knock)Myers, Baguley
In: Fantasia, Langford, Laverde Francis

Emg Ham, Mosquito, Zerk-Thatcher

B: Saad Hooker Ambrose
Hb: Redman Hurley McKenna
C: Fantasia Heppell Guelfi
Hf: Stringer Brown Zaharakis
F: McGrath Daniher Tippa
R: Bellchambers Shiel Merrett
Int: Parish Langford Francis Laverde

Goal practice this week Shiel

If Ridley doesn’t get up after the head knock Francis in. Otherwise Ridley keeps his spot. Extended break should help.

Baguley, Smith and Myers weren’t great imo.
BaguleY tried.
Guelfi to start on the wing after great job last week.

2 Likes

Suspect Ridley will be fine. Apparently he came back out on the ground for the last few minutes after being assessed?

1 Like

I don’t have any respect for Gil, but his comments this morning were far from where I thought they would be yesterday.

Gil has actually made a smart move here not to condemn booing, because by now the AFL must realise the easiest way to encourage it, is to continuously call it out.

Even Purple’s ‘Sliding Doors’ (yes, I actually took the bait and read it) today was free of the booing topic.

And after all of this, nothing will change…status quo until the next big controversy (usually Eddie making an apology)

1 Like

Do they actually release a list of what was correct and incorrect? Would be an interesting read.

Let’s boo the ■■■■■ out of Ablett next week to ■■■■ the Afl off even more. Collingwood have got a ■■■■■■■ nerve to sook it up over yesterday.

1 Like

No they don’t but in this instance they’ll definitely make some public comment on some of those decisions or at worst they’ll confirm if certain decisions were correct/incorrect without going into specifics. The review is usually done by the umpires coaches and separately by an analyst who rewatches the vision from each game and assesses all decisions/non decisions, this is done as the final tick off and the two parties compare notes so to speak. On contentious decisions/games, Hocking will oversea the findings and rubber stamp the review. He’s very “hands on” on this stuff… although that could absolutely be interepreted as controlling by certain people if they so wished. Including those within the umps dept…

In fairness to the club, post the hypocritical sanctimonious snipe from Buckley during the presentation (which he has also backed away from) the club hasn’t at any stage complained about it and has been doing their level best to hose it down… as has pretty much everyone save a couple of virtue signaling media fuckwits because they all know full well we got right bent over yesterday and that was the single cause for the outpouring post game.

2 Likes

Don’t how you guys can watch the replay it’s too heartbreaking.

2 Likes

Both the club and the AFL will wait a couple of days to gauge the public reaction before backing down on a few things and releasing further comments

Let’s be fair, Pendles free kick is paid 9/10 times. Whether it should be or not is the real discussion.

Tippa was unlucky not to get a couple of frees, but I have noticed that he tends to slip when getting tackled, so although not dropping his knees, he definitely lowers his body. Good example is against North, where he dropped the mark then slipped and got the free. I actually thought that was a lucky free.

1 Like

100% agree with this. Yesterday’s response including Buckley’s has the potential to alienate AFL supporters. Buckley absolutely backed away from the comments and Eddie tried to throw a bone Essendon’s way by saying an AFL game is pandemonium. When you couple yesterday with Steve Hocking’s comments earlier in the week regarding an attitudinal change towards umpiring, it is obvious that the AFL are masking over an ineffective umpiring unit. If every game was umpired like yesterday, the AFL know that their game would be ruined very quickly. They have to make partial admissions regarding the ■■■■ sandwich we were dealt with yesterday, but really both sides were dealt with.

1 Like

The boys put up a really good fight mate. you should take some confidence from it. Bartel (who’s opinion i respect more than any of the other commentators/experts) said before the game there were question marks over whether Essendon’s game style could hold up in finals footy and he said that yesterdays game proves it can. Collingwood are flag favourites at the moment and they beat us by 1 kick, a little good luck and some questionable umpiring. We won 3 quarters of a really tough game and the players stuck to the system and saw that it works. Also, how good was it to see Joey kick 4 straight in his second game back??!

14 Likes

Just have a look at @CharlieDons twitter* - https://twitter.com/CharlieDons

*warning: it might trigger you.

Sucks we gotta wait till next Sunday to get back on the park. ■■■■.

That’s just crap. Why post it.

Just on the crisp one, once the ball touches the ground that is it, under the rules he’s technically just bounced the ball, having had prior he can’t be allowed to dispose after the that.

4 Likes

I booe’d pendlebury, and il farkin boo him again. Do not care, at all. Fark him and fark collingwood

14 Likes

In Moore one, is be more comfortable with that being no prior - made an attempt. I thought ham was stiff last week to get pinned for something similar.

That said the free to Maynard immediately after was wrong . He didn’t get hit high, he just threw his head back and sucked the ump in.

1 Like

Thought it was funny.

But deleted it for those feeling sensitive still.

(Though considering some of your previous dodgy remarks, surprised you’re one of the sensitive people)