Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

Excellent post.

Freedom of speech and right to expression are almost dead in this country.

Too many so called do gooders in this country attack peoples right to free speech and act like they are saving the world.

An AFL supporter has no other way to get their opinion across so all they are left with is mass booing like we are starting to see more regularly.

It’s a shame that the people in power not only at the AFL but in this country in general don’t respect the masses opinions enough.

Always think they know better.

I don’t boo myself but the crowd speaks for me.

7 Likes

If they are that just shows how corrupt they are , cos the rule changes that were brought in on this subject were foe guys like selwood and mclean feom the dogs , who raise their arms up to draw a free , and they still do it, and still get frees.

Bouncing the ball while being tackled is automatic holding the ball.

2 Likes

I cannot wait to lose my mind at some collingwood scumbag when we finally beat them. I will be a bigger obnoxious ■■■■■■■■ than i already am. They are absolute mutts

3 Likes

I know it’s a throw away post - but nah, we should just barrack on its merits. Plus the AFL seem to realise it’s not an issue and that it reflected the circumstances of the match. If they called us out then sure we stick it up them.

If things are good we applaud and cheer. If we are incensed then we show incensedness*.

*it’s not a word but it should be

1 Like

I just wish a journo would ask Hocking about AFL instructions to umpires before a game, like how many frees in a close game.

That’s not true. You’re free to say what you want. When you speak you open yourself to criticism. People can complain all the like about the booing but they can’t stop it. They can only criticise the people doing it. Freedom of speech is very much alive in Australia.

1 Like

Imagine if we played them in a Grand Final ?
There is tangible anger amongst our passionate supporter base born out of saga.

We are success starved, and our numbers rival any of the other big clubs.

2 Likes

I really, really felt the G about to explode yesterday. I gurantee there will be a massive brawl soon. Its bubbling over. People are so, so angry

Yeah, its not the right thing to do. Im just stating itll happen.

2 Likes

I 100% agree with everything you said. Not a win but a step fwd is a great way to put it.
We where absolutely shell shocked in the first quarter. I thought here we go blown away again in a big game. But we out played them for 2 and a half quarters and almost got the win.

The coach and players talk about “learnings”. I think we learnt more from that game than any this season. We are always going to be a side that turns the ball over at times with the way we play. But today we learnt that our footy stacks up against the best sides in the comp.

The next big question for me is how consistently can we play at that level for week after week. Thats the sort of pressure that needs to become our standard week in, week out.

3 Likes

Garunteed they umpiring department will mention the consistency of not paying the holding the ball, through out the game.

Fair call. Certain media types driving most of it.

Dev is off for scans. They said he may have suffered a new knee injury. Hopefully it’s nothing too serious.

After the ■■■■ our players copped during the saga. No amount of booing we can will make up for that. The treatment from other clubs, and players was horrendous. We should never ever forget that.

Hell everyone already hates us anyway. So just boo farking louder I say. I thought it was fantastic that the fans made a stand. Everyone with half a brain knew we where not booing Pendles but the disgraceful umpiring.

8 Likes

This countries thoughts and opinions are misrepresented by disingenuous media and politicians, how is that freedom of speech?

We have been so brainwashed that we choose to complain about the president of the United States for carrying through with the exact policies that he was elected for rather than look in our own backyard.

Too many people rather catch up with what’s happening on married at first site rather than engage in meaningful discussion.

3 Likes

I’m loving seeing all the Supporters from other clubs laying into Collingwood supporters for hypocrisy of calling out Essendon supporters for booing Pendlebury.

4 Likes

It will depend on how he comes up in the next few days. Concussion can effect people in weird ways and symptoms can materialise well after the incident.

I’m not sure you’re grasping what freedom of speech is. Anyway, back to those dirty green maggots. BOOOOOOOO!!!

One thing for sure is I will be happy if we get another big turnout next week and the supporters can bring the same noise and back the boys because the noise was deafening after a couple of our goals.

Lol someone reply that