Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

He’s back Joe and no signs of his op

1 Like

Lol been trying that with my dad for years :wink:

I fully understand what freedom of speech is.

In a democratic society it’s the government that represents you but based on the fact that we have had 100 governments in the last ten years clearly something is disconnected.

The only option for people to represent themselves now is in public forums like sporting arenas or via social media.

These are the two things that are making headlines recently.

1 Like

Yep. My suspicions are confirmed.

1 Like

Boo!!

4 Likes

If Joe could time his leaps better he would be unstoppable. He still jumps a bit early but he is back and looks to be enjoying it.

He had a very solid first quarter. He really cracked in and was noticeable around the ball with his tackling.
He disappeared in the second quarter which was odd given we dominated the last 15 minutes of the quarter.
His goals in the third were vital and was the best small forward we had on the ground.
His last quarter was serviceable.
He keeps his spot in the team, but there was a massive question mark on him at half time.

Beveridge believes booing is an unfortunate reality in football and there’s an element of preciousness in the reaction.

The game is tribal, supporters of both teams are there absolutely emotionally drained at the end of the game. Booing is part of the game, it’s not ideal but it’s just there

Luke Beveridge

“We’ve become a bit of a nanny state,” Beveridge said at Melbourne Airport on Friday.

11 Likes

What I took from the game was:

• Mason Redman is a gun. His coolness, toughness and extraordinarily good disposal complements McKenna’s and Saad abilities to break the lines. We need to get the ball in his hands more often.
  • Jordan Ridley is not quite as polished as Redman or as versatile as he lacks Redman’s strength at this stage. But his disposal too is top notch.
  • our game holds up under pressure after all. We just left ourselves too much to do after the 1st quarter.
  • lastly and most importantly, I don’t have a favourite player anymore. There’s so many players in our team I look forward to watching. It’s been so long since that has been the case but it bodes really well. Get out of our way (especially you green ■■■■■■), the bomber train is starting to roll…
16 Likes

Why is the changes thread locked? I have to get past yesterday, I’m obsessing about it. So, changes for next week…

No word on Brown yet but if he has broken his wrist we might finally get to see Draper. Awesome.

Fanta obviously comes back in, probably for Smith which is unfortunate.

You probably can’t drop bags on the back of 3 goals.

I’d love to see them drop Myers for Lav though. He earned his call up last week.

Hopefully everyone else gets up.

Saad Ambrose Hurley
McKenna Hooker Redman

Zaha hepp McGrath
Tbell Merrett Shiel

Fanta JD guelfi
Tippa stringer Lav

Ridley Parish bags Draper

Emg: langford ham Francis Clark

Looking forward to watching hooker own Hawkins, again.

3 Likes

What part of WE PLAY GEELONG NEXT do you not understand? Under no circumstances should Laverde ever play the cats again

6 Likes

Damn I forgot about that, need to rethink

1 Like

Yeh it’s funny if your a supporter of any other club but essendon.

1 Like

Am sure the performance of the umps has been done to death and yes I am still burning over the result but will make comments on a few other areas worth noting.

Torched the ball too many times. Absolutely love Joey but two missed kicks into the middle gave up two goals which in a game where they kicked 10 goals all up made a big difference. That’s just one example. Shiels missed kicks as another example, you get the point.

Hooker is so crucial to our defensive setup and leadership. Think I read a bloke in this thread saying Hurley wasn’t best 22 which I read incredulously. Hooker makes Hurley an even better player - love these two pillars down back.

Ambrose is growing on me, I won’t lie.

Needed more out of Mcgrath. His incisive run through the middle in the last would have had a devastating impact but instead was barely sighted.

Saad is phenomenal and a genuine AA chance. Whatever cruddy 2nd or 3rd round pick we gave for him is an absolute steal.

Last but not least is a shoutout to Daniher. Yes I highlighted a couple of errant kicks but he was a goal and a win away from another Anzac Day medal. Genuine MATCHWINNER. Great to have him back and I must say I hear a fair bit of ■■■■ thrown at him by Dons fans in the crowd which really frustrates me. Get behind him.

We’re not far off. Must beat Geelong and launch into a strong second third of the season.

3 Likes

No one is stopping you from booing.

People just disagree with it.

Why are you making an issue out of it?

1 Like

Or maybe some nobody put a lot of money :moneybag: on essendon

Agree- you can really sense it.

1 Like

Why? Because people disagree with you? I booed. But I accept people’s right to disagree with my actions.

I also didn’t get my membership taken away. I wasn’t thrown in prison. I wast shot at. I’ve ■■■■■■ off Pies fans at work by booing them.

Ooh - maybe Mark Robinson will send out an angry tweet…! Freedom of speech must be dead!

4 Likes

That play from Saad against big cox in the last quarter was immense, poor kick so knocked it forward. Then used his speed to beat cox but then Was a 2-1. Which he won and dished it off to McKenna who gave it straight back and Saad had to get on his bike again and used his break away pace.

20 Likes

Huh?

I’m happy for the booing.

It’s the misrepresentation of the booing that is typical.

Slobbo just cannot accept the actions or reasons behind why people booed!

That’s being disingenuous.

Accept that umpiring is poor and fix it.

2 Likes