Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

Was also about to post this. What a disgrace, definition of a shill for the AFL.

“Disrespectful to ANZAC day”

Mate are you taking the ■■■■? This is the same AFL that decided to play Birds of Tokyo pre game. But thats fine for you ain’t it purple? You absolute flog of a human.

EDIT: The funny thing is this is just gonna make a large amount of the supporter base boo more, because who doesn’t love doing something when told not to do it?

5 Likes

Barrett once again trying to be relevant and is 24 hours late to the party.

3 Likes

I thought after quarter time we matched them quite well and looked better and better as the game progessed. The obvious umpiring disgrace aside, the Tippa turnover with a few mins left as well as the Shiel ultimately killed us in genuinely cracking them open.

Considering the I50 count for the Pies, the backline held up really well, Hurley and Hooker both good.
I thought pre game we had to break even in the midfield to be a chance yet I thought overall that may have been the differcene, perhaps the one inside mid short.

I’ve gotta say though sitting in the members, that was one of the most passionate bomber crowds I can recall, the roar after Joey’s fourth goal was great.

Really important we back up well next week against the Cats, in our last few outings we’ve matched up well, considering they usually go with a slightly taller line up.

3-3 isnt the end of the world, we just need to stay consistnet and I reckon we’ll give the finals a good shake.

4 Likes

This made me laugh. Probably true too

6 Likes

The last thing I’ll see before the lights go out - keep a copy in my wallet - last game, a 78 point Grand Final belting by the Bombers!!

5 Likes

It isn’t yesterday.

It’s 10 YEARS of boiling, white hot rage.

5 Likes

I mean what the hell does that even mean?
Do we think that in the history of Anzacs that not one of them ever booed at a game of footy?

These were ordinary people who were sent away to war ffs.
Let’s admire and respect the occasion for what it is but let’s not to get too caught up in our own self-importance.

3 Likes

“Damian Barrett explains booing”

Lolololololol

4 Likes

I exercise my right not to read article.

10 Likes

Using the ANZACS to justify outrage is just a way of trying to take the high ground. I’ll bet Jack Jones booed.

3 Likes

I’ve come to the conclusion that the AFL is still punishing us for the saga. I would not be surprised for 1 second if it ever came out that this was the case and that there was a bias against us because of it.

I’m still seething.

I’m also surprised my heart had more capacity to hate Collingwood.

10 Likes

Yep, il be fkn mad for a while

No game until next sunday either

3 Likes

Remember the last time an opposition team got reamed by the umps when playing us?

Me neither.

3 Likes

I was at Kardinia Park once and watched the Cats get 44 free kicks to our 15.
I was pretty angry, but only for a couple of years.

18 Likes

So all the return service men and women who were booing, they should apologise too? I don’t think so.

6 Likes

Yep, still fkn furious. If we lose to Geelong our supporter base will go mental.

If this loss is sitting as bitterly in the pit if the players guts as it is mine, it may well propel us towards a good season.

6 Likes

Yes

Fitzroy in their last year when the afl wanted to kill them off. I thought it was disgraceful.

That is the only time in 50+ years the maggots gave us the dodgy frees they regularly give to our high profile opponents.

1 Like

You know what’s going to happen at the Cats game (the scene of the crime)… supporters won’t be booing Gary (the brilliant player that he is), they’ll be unmercifully baying for umpire blood the moment a free quick isn’t paid or an incorrect decision is made. And seriously, this sh_t has been going on for too long. I hope that’s what supporters do. That being said, you’d expect the AFL to have their best men officiate Essendon games for the next few weeks. If not, they’re asking for trouble.

1 Like