Review the ANZAC Day cheating (2019 edition)

Right now the AFL needs to make changes before that sort of umpiring ruins a final.

7 Likes

Exactly

2 Likes

What would that do, they always circle the wagons and say nothing to see here.

1 Like

We almost won and played like ■■■■. Nobody could hit targets, kick straight or even mark properly.

And we still almost won.

I think kudos to Woosha here for the turn around since 1/4 time. Though he won’t be used to such one sided umpiring. Welcome to officially Essendon.

But ■■■■ we are a good side. That’s what today told me.

27 Likes

I don’t know the rules anymore.

10 Likes

Our fine for playing joey, $20k and today’s umpiring

23 Likes

but it won’t ruin a final. they’re umpired completely differently for some reason

3 Likes

And the throws… ffs

7 Likes

How good is Saad, he’s grown again this year. One of if not the best running back in the game.

40 Likes

Anyone else notice that the last set shot at goal went for a full minute? I thought it was a 30 second timer?

15 Likes

Umpiring was terrible, probably the worst I’ve seen in years. I usually allow for a few bad calls each game and hence don’t really go overboard on umpire outrage but that was awful.

We still have too many players who panic under pressure, won’t win finals (multiple) if that happens in big games.

5 Likes

Collingwood didn’t beat us

The umpires did

11 Likes

l refuse to blame the chumps, but they were shockers today. Totally incompetent, so many clear decisions not paid. Tippa taken high 3 times and not paid once. Disgraceful. Ridley sling tackle and had to go off, nothing paid.

15 Likes

Our field kicking cost us the game

6 Likes

I’m going down to the club and telling Worsfold never to play him again.

1 Like

I’m not having that Buckley outcoached Woosha.
If you want a deciding coaching factor, it’s Daniher playing so much in the ruck in the first half.
Buckley didn’t do that.
When we stopped doing that we friggin’ smashed them.

Other than that, it was very good.

2 Likes

Never heard a reaction like that from the crowd. Fark that was infuriating.

4 Likes

If moral victories count for anything we can claim that.

Lost it in the first quarter, but clearly the better team after the midpoint of the second quarter. Had Raz played I reckon we’d be celebrating tonight.

Regarding the umpiring, I’m one of those who prefer less free kicks than more - but FFS, you have to pay the obvious ones. In a close game like this, probably the difference.

7 Likes

Kudos to Saad, Guelfi, Hurley, Stringer, Daniher and Ambrose

23 Likes

I get umps missing throws. They are caught blindside.

I did not get the missed holding the ball and high tackle though.

Very very poor umpiring. Had we won, Collingwood fans would say the same thing.

9 Likes