Review Thread: Dons defeat Saints, umpiring and injuries

I thought it was good. Yeah a couple of howlers but how many games do you see that don’t have any. Felt like there was around 20-25 paid total (including OOBOTF) so not much influence.

2 Likes

Raz took it and kicked a point
Then the saints took it down the other end and eventually kicked that goal

The thing that really stood out to me last night was the dead silence greeting St Kilda goals in the second half. Legit, Fremantle’s supporters a few weeks ago gave more, and there was about 15 of them.

St Kilda = Sht, irrelevant club. Always and forever.

2 Likes

I agree. I wouldn’t give up a first rounder and I’m not sure anyone would so he might be stuck. It’s also difficult to know if he’s at level or capable of more in a better side. I know some at StK despair at his kicking for goal which is very uninspiring. He’s one of those that looks a beautiful kick but results indicate he isn’t.

No All Australians on their list. Bombers with 7 + 4 strong chances IMO to be so in the next 2-3 years in Smith (this year?), Parish, McGrath, possibly Fantasia if he has a full season and kicks 50.

Wasnt Raz AA last year?

Pretty sure no - he may’ve made the “squad” of 50 or something before it’s cut to a final 22. So Sydney has 8, GWS and Essendon have 7 and if someone like Shiel or Beams joins us for 2019, they both already are AA’s. Shows the type of list we have and how the excuses will be running out for this club, if it doesn’t become a serious contender next year.

If anyone’s silly enough to watch Saints games… has Carlisle been that bad all year, or did he save that up just for us?

I haven’t watched Saints at all really but my boss is a saints supporter. Keeps saying that Carlisle would be leading their b&f.

1 Like

This is good inside info. Would love to know how you got it (in PM!)

Says a lot really…wow, they are rubbish.

1 Like

Yowsers.

1 Like

Tigers will be licking thier chops at belting a batterd/injured Essendon

Injuries has taken the gloss off on otherwise a great win.

1 Like

My in laws are all St Kilda supporters, for this reason I despise them and enjoyed last night that much more. Brother in law was saying that the reason they are chasing Hannebery is that they lack leadership. Says a lot about them as a club, that they have to trade in leadership.

1 Like

Well Jarryn Geary is their captain.

I reckon he’d get a game for Carlton and Gold Coast but nobody else in the comp.

1 Like

Also lol at Saints trying to rough us up did they not see what happened when North tried it hahaha

What a joke of a club

Worked for Carlton. Got Judd, made him captain, set up a dynasty of success.

13 Likes

Well, (a), the Fantasia one was a mistake, and (b) was it 50m or downfield? I thought it was downfield, which was rubbish as Raz wasn’t late.

Saad was a free and downfield, we already had it (I.e. it was downfield) and elected to play on. Nothing wrong with the umpiring in the Saad situation.

Great win by the boys. Had to dig deep after the 1st quarter and looked like they were in trouble about half way through the 2nd. Boys fought and the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarters were just brilliant. Great win and great job…the Bombers of recent times would have folded.

Hoping Richmond cop some injuries today to even this game up next week.
Martin,Cotchin,Edwards and Lambert all out would be nice.

Loved Stringers game last night.