Review Thread: Dons defeat Saints, umpiring and injuries

I have a terrible mind.

Gotta be careful ‘doggie’, ‘member’, ‘two women’ and Stringer in the same sentence…

:joy:

2 Likes

Possibly just spending game time reflecting on his move.

How long till the MRO give their verdict? Ffs I’m nervous!

Explains why he perpetually has the demeanor of a work experience kid thrown to for a live cross with six seconds notice.

Well we saw what the backline would be like without Goddard and it looked pretty good.

1 Like

That was the funny part, I wasn’t the one who brought it up. Saints fans doing it to themselves.

The free kick was paid, but was called advantage.

Hooker just a fine. Thank ■■■■!

6 Likes

Against that forward line five cows would look pretty good.

2 Likes

I watched the game last night and I still don’t know who that is.

3 Likes

Hey guys in case you missed it Saad was paid a free kick but we played on.

2 Likes

Thanks @barnz

we also train on the mcg sized oval most of the time.

3 Likes

Watching the replay I’m really impressed with our effort in the last quarter. Players like McKenna and Merrett were out on their feet but they kept running. Early in the season no ratations would have been an excuse for dropping right off the pace. Definitely becoming a mentally strong team.

You have 15 fingers?

Went last night and boy oh boy are St.Kilda rubbish, put in about 20 minutes of effort and packed the bags thinking a job well done. Should have won by 10 goals + but injuries were a good excuse. You don’t learn much from games like last night other than a confidence booster to most players, which is what it was.

Makes me think what could have been if Zerrett/Heppell had shown this form in the first half of the year. Both were excellent but good grief their first 10 weeks were ordinary. McGrath is basically ‘great game then don’t see him the next’ but I love him playing midfield, give this bloke a few years and he’ll be a jet. Parish too with his quick hands is superb he just needs to learn to trust his kicking more. Makes me think how important getting another ready made mid in there because that’s a very good young core. Myers had an absolute day out too, I’d love to see it against a good opposition. I could run through the rest but they were all mostly quality and had good games.

I think Hurley got well beaten last night by Membrey, again he’s flaky one on one and makes some mental brain farts under pressure, his Franklin game is good but someone needs to teach him one on ones in the off season. Membrey kicked like sh*t and didn’t make him pay thankfully. Thought McNiece is panicky under pressure, plays a bit of hot potato and doesn’t have the body strength to break tackles and he worries me overhead. I think he’s up against it next year to make the team.

1 Like

That was as clear a free kick as you’ll see. Fantasia caught him around the neck and head. The 50 was nonsense though, it’s never a 50 for giving away a free within the marking contest.

3 Likes

When a stoner puts your team to bed.

1 Like
5 Likes

Fk. No Raz.

I knew it!