Review Thread: Dons defeat Saints, umpiring and injuries

Thanks Eddie

I love Stevie, gave him a high five and we both told the Saints guy to go fark himself.

8 Likes

Imagine being Alan Richardson right now.

ā€œIā€™m getting sacked in the morningā€

1 Like

Heā€™s a legend no doubt about it.

I donā€™t get it. Thanks but, always nice to get a reply.

He does seem to bottle it.

Seriously? If I donā€™t hear or see him during the game, itā€™s not the same. He is Essendon.

2 Likes

Fair call.

Really impressive to match them for goals in that last quarter. Reckon weā€™re farked for next week, but good on the boys for running it out and easily securing the points tonight.

3 Likes

Cept when heā€™s wearin dawks colours

the bullshi t chant after that free kick to them in the square was pretty epic. even the second tier where I was got involved. great effort by the boys tonightā€¦hopefully the injured guys get up for next week!

5 Likes

Go onā€¦

Just sayin, he likes football

1 Like

Great win. Hopefully a defining moment in the development of the team.

McGrath, Parish and Myers had their best games for the Club.
Brown is very under-rated. He continually works and presents.

The only player I thought had a poor game was Hurley, again. Hurley being the kick-out guy or the switch it thru guy isnā€™t good for us - bad things usually happen.

6 Likes

Interesting to see both Bags and Brown playing in the backline. Who were our forwards? Stringer, Tippa, Bellchambers sometimes.

Myers & Langford spent more time forward

1 Like

I learned a fair bit more about Smith, tonight, from that brief interview with his Dad.

2 Likes

That was low key awkward.

3 Likes

I literally just yelled out to Stevie from a cab as he was rolling down to South Melbourne
He gave us his usual ā€œgo Bombersā€ back

4 Likes

Pretty even I thought. There were some howlers, one holding the ball that wasnā€™t given a free to the Saints was laughable, as was a blatantly high tackle that wasnā€™t paid to Tippaā€¦but at least it felt pretty even, all things considered.