Review Thread - Essendon d Bad News Bears

And more opportunity to get autographs off the players

1 Like

Excellent rant.

look at our bottom six on stats
Baguley - kicked 1.1 went ok
Fantasia - 2 goals, could find more of the footy, but seems to be building.
Saad - prety quiet game, but still pretty good defensively
Z Clarke - was pretty good apart from his fumbles
Ambrose - was a rock in defence again, blanketed hipwood, and flew the flag for McGrath
Bellchambers - was off for a bit. not sure if he was injured, might be good time to Freshen him up for Anzac Day, and Debut Draper.

I’m not sure Crow deserves all (if any) of the Blame.

We had a lot of key players miss the important chunk of Jan/Feb pre-season - Hooker, JD, Heppell, Merrett, Fantasia and Smith (off the top of my head).

What should be questioned is why Essendon were the only club in the AFL not to have a practice match before the 2 JLT games., effectively putting us behind everyone else. It’s no wonder we were so rusty (unfit looking and dis-organised) in the JLT games and round 1. In short I think the footy department farked up.

3 Likes

Quite honestly the early pain is totally worth it. My eldest daughter is 8 now and she comes to every day game with me, sits and watches the whole game. Once you get to that point it’s the best. It’s possible she is still only coming for the Hot Chips, but I don’t care.

23 Likes

Not by much.

It has only cost us one match, as the GWS one away was tough regardless. And we got close to the Saints.

Really? Because starting 4 games later should mean you’ll play 4 extra better games on the tail end and peaking at game 22 (the Grand Final)…■■■

Is there some sort of peaking around September (planning for finals fitness instead of early season fitness) going on? We suddenly click 4 weeks in? WAS IT ALL A DREAM?

IT’S A WOOSHSPIRACY.

A bold strategy Cotton, let’s hope it pays off.

4 Likes

Great win by the boys. The umpiring was attrocious. Ma®getts should never ever be allowed to umpire an Essendon game again, he is a dead set ■■■■■■■ cheat.

4 Likes

Mitch Brown. 3 goals. 11 marks. 14.5 kilometres covered (#1 on the ground).

Why does Woosha persist with these hacks?

21 Likes

Persist with them???

He likes to drop them for a game just to screw with the panic dollars game.

1 Like

Mitch Brown was great and he holds his spot for next week

In: Draper, Daniher, Langford, Francis
Out: Bellchambers, Clarke, Myers, Ridley

1 Like

It was really obvious how well hidden our true dominance of Melbourne was last week by the injury to Mutch, no smith for the 2nd qtr and people underestimating Melbourne, they weren’t too bad, but there was 30 minutes of solid footy from the end of the 2nd qtr to the end of the 3rd, where we looked better than we’ve seen in a long time… stringer and smith and tippa just took melbourne apart in 20 minutes with hepp bashing and crashing the ball to them over and over

That was a warning sign we’d drop off, or were about to obliterate our next opponent with a fair few players inches off having elite games.

It’s like the players remembered how to play football

Biggest differences since the JLT games are:

Instead of losing every high marking contest we were splitting them at the worst

Midfield pressure is suddenly 110% from 0% (no langford has helped)

Accuracy in front of goal the last two weeks has moved to shithouse to above average

Aggression at the man and the contest is back

but most importantly, THE BASIC SKILL OF HANDBALLING HAS RETURNED TO EFC

we’ve been making great plays since round 1, but poor execution of basic skills has cost us

Footy is simple when you do the basics right.

6 Likes

Except in the 3rd quarter where we couldn’t catch them.

Good on you mattyb! The problem is that EFC have bent over for decades never complaining about this atrocious punishment by the maggots.

Hawthorn and Collingoweed don’t stand for it - that is why they always get an armchair ride.

But our “fearless leaders” are too fearful to even say boo. to the AFL goose.

7 Likes

Just because we don’t sook in the media (and at the Coach’s post game press conference) doesn’t mean we don’t raise issues with the AFL.

5 Likes

There’s also plenty of Collingwood and Hawthorn supporters who think there is an umpire conspiracy against them.

Basically, all clubs have them.

16 Likes

I just don’t like poor umpiring. I’m ok that mistakes can be made - they will happen. But the bad decisions where something that is very obvious gets called incorrectly and the umpire sees it clearly - that’s not good for the game.

3 Likes

There is no way Ridley deserves to get dropped. Francis is just going to have to go back to the vfl And earn his recall. Gleeson will be putting his hand up too. As long as Ambrose keeps getting jobs done there is going to be some unlucky players missing out.

10 Likes

Yeah but they’re all crazy crazies and we’re like totally not crazy not at all.

Why are you looking at me like that?

3 Likes