Review Thread - Essendon d Bad News Bears

Umpires were disgusting and we need to tidy up our disposal a tad but all in all much better.

13 Likes

71 Likes

If Shiel could kick, he’d be in the top 5 mids in the game.

And we would never have been able to afford him.

7 Likes

64 Likes

Tippa.

I’m off to get even more drunk.

5 Likes

Well, if challenged…

:thinking:

• only two goals from talls may be a problem against other sides.
  • we were helped by their inaccuracy. Cameron in particular could have lit them up early but failed to.
  • it felt like our rucks gave us little
  • we fluctuate between being able to run the ball out of defence for periods, then get stuck kicking down the line which we’re not good at.
  • small crowd under 50k
  • oh, how the hell Draper isn’t in the side

:scream:

But overall, an incredibly pleasant afternoon at the G, and loved every second of Walla magic.

2 Likes

So I took the 3 year old. Had a random tantrum about bringing his hat to the game before we left so we didn’t bring it because it wasn’t sunny and I couldn’t be bothered having the fight.

Get to game. Sunny as all get out and can’t see. Have to buy him an overpriced hat.

Puts hat on. Watches about 2 minutes of game. Insists we leave our seats on the bottom deck and go up to the top of the Southern Stand because he wants to ‘climb the stairs’. Carry him up 1000 stairs because he doesn’t want to climb stairs.

Get to top of Southern Stand. Drops hat off edge of Southern Stand.

Purchased second hat.

Left at half time.

154 Likes

Mcg seems to always get better as the game goes on. For a quick player he still has trouble finding space in packs and has to rush kicks. Doesn’t have that evasivness like a tippa or sheil. I’m sure he learn but it doesn’t come naturally to him.

2 Likes

Hipwood you ■■■■■■■ mutt

1 Like

So, do we need to change our mind on Woosha?

6 Likes

Yep. First time I’ve seen Saad beaten so comprehensively since joining Essendon.

You’re a good dad

8 Likes

More then just crow. First two rounds where unacceptable. Today we looked to lack fitness in the 2nd half. Most the skill errors due to fatiuge.

But we also need to remember a lot of key players had interrupted pre seasons

1 Like

No he isn’t. Pandering to a spoilt little millennial.

and before anyone gets upset, that is a sarcastic joke

21 Likes

Hurley is twice the player when Hooker is standing next to him.

They were both huge.

I do not I stand the slinging tackle rule.

I cried at Tippas 7th goal.

20 Likes

LMFAO!!

Great day with the kids at the Footy.

2 Likes

Redman and Ridley were both very composed and very good.

And you want that straight-out defensive negater like Ambrose.

20 Likes

Talk Brown to me boys. What a game.

10 Likes

Quite simples - if an Essendon player gets sling tackled, it’s htb. If an Essendon player slings someone, it’s a free kick to the opposition for a dangerous tackle. :wink:

16 Likes

Maybe should have just kept it open in the first place (in the words of John Rain, I’ve been a fence-sitter), as we should until at least round 20ish IMO

1 Like