Review Thread - Essendon d Bad News Bears

But if he’s got his arm pinned, doesn’t he have to throw it up in the air in order to punch it? And isn’t that a throw?

2 Likes

I doubt it matters where or who we played considering the way we played in rounds 1 & 2.

Good chance we’ll have learnt and start the season on Round 1 next year.

1 Like

I’m just glad they have got their act together now.

Was looking pretty dire after two rounds but we are looking much better now even though I don’t think we are playing anywhere near our best.

Will be happy with any type of win against North and then prepare ourselves for an ANZAC Day classic.

The forward pressure was back last week, that I feel is the most important part of our game. The run and gun is all well and good but we look so much better when we chase and harrass in our F50 and have shudders “repeat entries”

If the ball is in the hand of the arm that is pinned there is no problem using his free arm to complete a handball. As long as he doesn’t throw the ball up in the air it should still be a justified handball. If he throws the ball up in the air first, then of course, it becomes a throw.
That has been the topic regarding McCarthy and as it was pointed out to me that on tv it looks legit but from different angles with a better view he threw the ball up before handballing (punching) but the maggots didn’t pick it up.

1 Like

There were two incidents - one where he kicked a goal and the other where someone else kicked the goal.

The second one, which I assume everyone is talking about, the ball was clearly in the air when he punched it and it should have been a free to us.