Review thread: Fark you, Bin Chickens

Breaking News

Essendon young guns face suspension for breaking social distancing rules during game at SCG yesterday.

AFL have come out and condemned the actions of Andrew McGrath and Darcy Parish after they blatantly disregarded social distancing laws on national television. AFL boss Gillon McLachlan has called for a thorough investigation of the hugging incident as evidence suggests that Essendon players were running around trying to hug Sydney players throughout the match. Gillon specifically referenced Anthony McDonald-Tipunwuti’s hug on Callum Mills in the first quarter. “I was in shock…I couldn’t believe the blatant hugging going on”.

• Picture taken during the first quarter of the match.

When Mills was interviewed after the match, he stated “I couldn’t believe it, Anthony was like a man possessed, he simply had to hug me. I’m not sure I can continue playing under these conditions”.

Essendon officials have refused to comment apart from this short statement by Football Manager Dan Richardson “We self reported once we realized what had happened”.

The AFL have indicated that due to these discretions, All Essendon players and staff will need to be quarantined for 14 days, meaning that they effectively forfeit the next two games against Melbourne and Carlton, and will be stripped of the existing points.

Joe Daniher is also under investigation for historical hugging incidents.

49 Likes