Review Thread: Finals baby! Dons and WOB d Shockers - scotty21 streaking next week

We need someone in ruck that is not Clarke (he did some good things but not good enough for finals).

My usual question, as someone who won’t get a chance to watch the actual game for a day or two. Parish - 19 touches at half time, finishes the game with 22. WTF happened? Was he riding the pine in the second half again?

Bellchambers and Hooker back next week?

parish and smack disappeared after half time.

well done lads, great effort to make finals, now lets win one, its been too f kn long…

3 Likes

Did anyone see Brayden Ham after the game? hopefully Sean Darcy didn’t eat him.

1 Like

Ham was cooked, mate.

3 Likes

Great time of year to finally win 4 hard quarters; away to Freo under huge pressure to win!! Fantastic win.
Langford copped lots of skeet in here of late (me included) but was very good tonight!!!

4 Likes

Who does Hooker come in for?

I know it will get lost in the win but that was our worst umpired game of the year. Did a Fremantle player get called once for throwing or dropping the ball even once? And that Stringer decision was the worst of 2019.

4 Likes

Momentum??

Tough footy against a ‘tough’ team at a tough venue. That’s all you can ask.

Now this is the equation… tomorrow…

IF GWS beat the Bulldogs, we cannot move from 7th position… especially considering GWS play Gold Coast next week. I know there is a week off before finals but I would seriously consider resting 8-10 of our players to give them a massive freshen up before the first final. Likely to be against GWS.

IF Bulldogs beat GWS, we will have to approach the Pies game differently to hopefully win and stay 7th. If Bulldogs win their last two games (they have the Crows in Ballarat next week which I would expect them to win), they could likely finish 7th and consign us to a possible final against Richmond (who we can’t beat) or an improving Collingwood. Not ideal.

For the record I reckon the Giants will rebound and knock off the Dogs at home tomorrow to leave us with scenario A.

3 Likes

yes they sat him on the pine, he and Langford had 77 mins basically. Bizarrely he basically sat out the last 1/4.

1 Like

Even if we win next week, we’d need GWS to lose their last 2 to be able to get a home final at the G based on our lesser percentage.
The Doggies might knock them off tomorrow but they’ve got the Suns next week so I’d be booking your tickets to Sydney now.

1 Like

This - he is like a Hoover.

3 Likes

Without Hurley we lose that one.

7 Likes

AFL Live app (and EFC twitter account) has it as a 14/8 split. Which is still a drop off, but less so.

Dermie has cooked the very few braincells he had left.

2 Likes

Derm’s plastered

2 Likes

It’s so nice Ross Lyon will end his coaching career with 0 premierships.

5 Likes