Review Thread - Nightmare-time at the G

I sat on level 4 tonight and watched the game. You get a really good strategic view from up there.
One team had so much more run, effort and speed in them than the other. I wholeheartedly agree with what you said. The coaches are still preeeety ■■■■ though.

4 Likes

No leadership. No personality. Too many blokes more interested in property negative gearing and drinking sangria in Spain during the off season.

2 Likes

At the you can see our structure is all wrong.

Richmond are just setup so perfectly.

We never once looked inboard. We never switched. We just got the ball at half back, slowed it down and kicked down the line.

We never lowered our eyes going in to forward 50.

There are just so so many things wrong with the way we setup and play.

8 Likes

The lowering of eyes argument has been our out all year. Perhaps our players cannot read?

1 Like

What has happened in the High Performance part of our club. Was there a change at the start of the season in personnel?

I reckon across 16-18 our soft tissue injury rate was quite low - certainly below other clubs. This year, it has gone the other way. We’ve had Hooker and JD’s calves, Raz’s quad, Mutch and Smacks’ hamstrings, two more hamstrings tonight - that’s off the top of my head. Think there has been more too.

No love for the Captain!!! Goodness me…

2 Likes

Yes. This season is cooked and so is this coach.

The sooner we act the better.

North is already on the market, hate to start the process in September

Wonder how he would be as our coach.
Won’t take sh i t e from ANYONE
Will demand respect
Will drop players at any stage of incompetence
List is endless

p.s. will throw pretzels at any under-performing player…ceramic bowl and all

1 Like

The way he is playing the cats are going to have to give up a truckload to get him.

Heppell tried, I wouldn’t say he was great.
Wish he had a little more leg speed.

We have so many out from the forward line it must impact our structure. Francis and Begley look lost without the ball. We lack experience and leadership down there.

Hepp is a great man I agree but he is a good ordinary player. He is no John Snow.

5 Likes

We might miss out on Michael Voss!

3 Likes

You know nothing @BarryDavos.

Now if you’d compared him to Ghost, maybe.

I went to the game fully expecting to see an essendon loss. But I didn’t just see a loss I saw overall a complete lack of accountability from both players and coaches. Awful skills, awful decision making, no game plan, no structure and very little effort

Anyone who says “oh we only lost by 23 points so it was better than I thought” can tongue punch my fart box. That was pathetic. Never seen a group of players give effort when the game is already over, but not when it’s at its most intense

I am the driver of the worsfold out bus, but it can’t end with just him and the rest of coaches getting the flick

It’s time for the senior players who have been here for a long time to be made accountable

Guys like Heppell
Hurley
Bellchambers
zaka

Their whole career has been spent losing games, that’s all they really know. They are the last people that should be leading the youngsters

They have been here for the longest time and the difference between their best and there worst hasn’t really changed. The only senior player I would be looking at keeping is Hooker.

6 Likes

It’s not just tonight.

It is just hit and hope.

Not once did we lead at the ball.

1 Like

Oh right. Because the lid on crew are so righteous. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yup.

So many issues with the way we play.

We allowed them the plus one in defence again for large parts of the game.

As usual we tried to use our plus one at the stoppage. It worked to an extent because it allowed us to win the contest but we got absolutely smashed on the outside.

However, when we won the contest we had little outside run and panic kicked the ball forward to their out number.

We also don’t set up defensively quick enough and our entries inside forward 50 are too shallow and too easy to rebound out of.

1 Like

We just copped injuries to Smith, Daniher, Stringer & Shiel in the space of a week. With Fantasia already ruled out as well.

I think that angers me more than the loss does.

5 Likes

Same issues from JLT to now. Says it all really

Essendon home game, please everyone boycott the game. It’s the only way the club might listen

1 Like