Review Thread - Nightmare-time at the G

Need to play Begley, Laverde, Langford, D Clark, BZK, Houlihan, Mynott, Ham, Ridley for 4 weeks. Give them a crack. Myers, Baguley,McNeice, Long, Zaka??

Carlton are 3.30+.

BACK UP THE TRUCK

3 Likes

In the third qtr we actually broke free through the middle only to find no one was up forward and we had to stop.

We had two holding the balls because we didn’t have anyone to kick it too.

Richmond on the other hand had a +1 defensively and still always had some up forward to capitalise on the fast ball movement.

2 Likes

More than the lid off crew that’s for sure

No one except for Smack leads, and he was playing up the ground not in the forward 50.

1 Like

Is it just me or are the hosts a bit condescending to Gilbert?

4 Likes

He leads to the flank 80 meters from goal.

Not ideal.

1 Like

lav leads

1 Like

Parish outstanding and Langford was creative around goals, taking some nice marks around the ground as well. Heppell is all heart and I thought Hooker and Hurley tried hard under relentless pressure all game.

That will surely be the last game McNeice plays for us - offers absolutely nothing and ain’t exactly a spring chicken. Would much rather be getting games into Ridley or Ham.

9 Likes

We went in too tall, three tall back was too much.

3 Likes

It’s not going to happen again is it? The run out soft tissue injuries is eerily similar.

yeah forgot he was playing lol

But neither he nor Smack play from the goal square and lead and it frustrates the hell out of me.

And yet again at the start of the season reading watching the bultish fluff pieces that I used to get excited about, not anymore … they sicken me, because yea they are trying to sell memberships. promises, promises. no more. I feel sorry/embarresed for the BJ’s, Saad’s Smith’s Stringer’s who got sucked into this crapp that we are some sort of authority in this game, because clearly we are a facade.

1 Like

Few positives from tonight’s game

Parish played well, played to the conditions too

Langford played well.good to see him back up his good game last week with another

Smack gave his all, begley is slowly gathering a bit of form

3 Likes

Oh please. Both sides are as bad as each other. People from both sides just think they’re better judges than the other.

I’m not sure where we’d be at if you got your way. 3 of those 4 were probably in our best players.

2 Likes

WTF kind of look is twombstone going for?

Bomfunk MC meets Friar Tuck?

1 Like

Who?

Yeah. They worked a lot harder and smarter than we did both ways.

I’m not convinced that the players trust each other and understand what each teammate is going to do in any given situation. You would think that when McKenna gets the ball at half back you’d start pushing forward but we either don’t have the pace or intelligence to do that.

Heppell was one of our best players tonight, probably not the best night to call for us to get rid of him.

2 Likes

Fixed