Review Thread - Nightmare-time at the G

The disappointing thing was seeing Richmond crap their dacks when we managed to kick three goals for the game.

Maybe try that earlier?

7 Likes

We won’t sack Worsfold and we will continue to be mediocre. There is a bucketload of talent on this list. The excuses are gone.
Question for me is: who are our match winners and how do we help them do that? We need those players who can turn a game. They are there yet none grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Why?

New coach new board new captain. We must be uncompromising in our end goal. Simply don’t think we are. Club is soft and it shows.

7 Likes

Daniher, Stringer and Fantasia need to play football in the same team.

2 Likes

But we just don’t see them doing it sadly (injuries or otherwise). Those players and their talent are why I have hope. But not until changes happen and we become the club we used to be.

Tippa leads.

He has taken up the Davey CHF role.

I can’t think of any player, who many on Blitz (including myself), didn’t have in their best 22 before the season began, who has put in such a solid and consistent season. Easily our most improved player and has cemented a spot in our side for the foreseeable future. If only we had as many fearless players as Paddy. What a gem, hey?

6 Likes

It’s annoying that we came back a bit because we always do that when the game is already lost. It papers over the massive cracks that are the Essendon football club.

This game should be measured by the 2 goals we kicked to 3 quarter time. To letting Houli run riot without an opponent (look familiar, Sam Docherty). To our team being completely unprepared to play in those conditions. To undisciplined, unskilled football.

Absolutely Groundhog Day having a Dreamtime game devoid of any fight, of any atmosphere when it’s over early in the third quarter. It’s a disgrace.

6 Likes

Next 3 home games are
Carlton
Hawks (Marvel)
Giants (Marvel)

When the crowd for the hawks game is 34k max (Hawks fans dont go to marvel) and the Giants game is 25k on a Thursday night, maybe our esteemed board members and marketing guru CEO will take notice.

This is not a cattle issue, this is purely football department issue.

5 Likes

You preferred Dreamtime last year?

Yep. Has been immense. Apart from not running through Dusty’s head at full pace.

2 Likes

So Laverde and Langers get a chance each to get us back in the game…they drill it. Our vice captain gets two easy chances to get us within two goals, and he misses them both.

That really riled me up. Having sat through the ■■■■ for 3 quarters…and when you somehow get back in it…you throw away chances to really get them under pressure. Pretty poor.

2 Likes

Really? ■■■■.

His first half was good, his 2nd half not so much.

The last 10 seconds

It’s just the deep heat being applied to our players hamstrings.

1 Like

We really could have used him today. Hopefully not too serious?

Wrist again so I at a guess only I’d say it’s not good

Clearly not enough though. #needmoredeepheattubes

■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■

2 Likes

I wanna see Smack in that mix too. Maybe eventually we will have a good forward line.

Fark injuries