Review Thread - Nightmare-time at the G

Without Joe and Fantasia we seriously lack game changing footballers.

Unfortunately this year is heading down the drain but we can still get something from it if we start backing in some of the young players and give them more opportunity to lead this club.

4 Likes

Watched The Cure at the Sydney Opera House.
Did I miss anything?

3 Likes

Glad WOB got banned. That guy is a lunatic who loves making every loss about him.

11 Likes

I’m surprised how many people on here thought we were even a chance to win:

• We are poorly coached. Richmond are a well-oiled machine.

• Richmond is almost unbeatable at the MCG. We suck everywhere we play.

• The forecast all week said it would rain tonight. We suck in the rain.

• Richmond are the best small team in the league. Perfect for wet weather.

• Worsfold is a farking idiot, and selected our tallest team so for this year.

21 Likes

And this is a huge problem…the older players at Bomberland are infecting the younger players with their she be right attitude, its just a high paying job to a couple of them. Zaharakis in particular played bruise free footy again tonight, FMD mate, your footy will be finished in 2 or 3 years…farking man up you ■■■■■.

Our game plan tonight was once again for some reason involved kicking blindly into a forward line where we typically had 4 tiges v 2 bombers…dumb as dog poo. Woosha thats your fault mate just so we are clear…your responsibility to stop this from happening, that why your on the big bucks…:rage:

6 Likes

Imagine having a top 4 list and ■■■■■■■ it up against the wall.

6 Likes

Constant unforced errors by all players week after week never addressed.

Aaaaaaaggghhhh!!!

4 Likes

Very frustrating year so far.

I know the club try to put a good look on it, but I think we need to review the whole medical department and conditioning system we are using. Something seriously wrong with with amount of soft tissue injuries we are getting.

4 Likes

You’re a Pelican.

1 Like

Seconded. Far out, Richmond is still underrated. They are a ■■■■■■■ good team.

We played the way we were supposed to in wet weather, gain territory at all costs. The tigers just did it better than us. We challenged them when they switched off then took control as soon as we were within three goals.

They can win the flag this year if they get all their key players back.

We just lost in between the arcs - Hooker, Hurley and co did their job, it was just not good enough.

We have one of the worst forward lines at the moment and that’s because most of our best 22 forwards are out.

Geez.

2 Likes

I wish I was you. I went to the MCG.

Imagine thinking you have a top 4 list even though they’ve never even finished in the top 8. How can you be a top 4 list if you’ve never finished top 4? EFC supporters would have to be the worst at overrating their list. Every year. Completely delusional.

7 Likes

We also had a few of our best out, then lost 2 more during the game.

1 Like

Lost. Unhappy about it.

Positives other players are coming on. Parish, Langford.
Mckernan will replace JD this season, much like last.
Hurley is great.

Negs. Injuries to Stringer and Shiel. Our best two players.
Positives are that its one week before the bye. We have one game of footy to get through and hopefully some players back after.

I dont like our game style. We push too far back and are not transitioning well, forward entries not so great. Tiges do it só well. Its been annoying now to watch 2 otherwise reasonable close games and we go down because of it.

Im optimistic we can get something out of this season. It wont be the flag, but surely we will click and play some great footy.

5 Likes

That is three modes.

I didnt think we played that poorly either. Just not taking enough risks with the footy.

I hope we go hard through the corridors against the blues.

1 Like

Yeah we are not very good, but surely no one thought we would actually beat Richmond?

Riewoldt
Cotchin
Rance
Lambert
Both their first choice Ruckmen
Short

The dogs beat them by seven goals three weeks ago - they have a % of 106 - this Richmond isn’t very good. Certainly a team we should be more competitive than 8 goals to 2 if we were on track to fulfil our expectations.

3 Likes

Richmond have won 6 from their last 7 games.

They are a very good team. They are arguably the best team with all their stars. As they showed in 2017 and most of 2018.

1 Like

They are good - we are not. Fair conclusion?

1 Like