Review Thread - Nightmare-time at the G

If he’s thinking that now, just wait until 6pm next Sunday.

8 Likes

That’s deep @Heffsgirl

1 Like

Maybe if he reads Blitz

1 Like

I know - it’s not like they’ve been a good team these last few years!

80s soft rock deep

And Collingwood 's and Carlton’s and…

1 Like

I disagree.

When either team got it forward it was hard for the opposition to win it back and get the ball down the other end given the conditions.

We should have been getting it on the boot and playing for territory but we handballed too much around the contest, particularly backwards to try and get someone clear. We needed to get it on the boot earlier and play for territory like Richmond did.

All we did was increase the likelihood of turning the ball over in a less advantageous position with extra possessions in difficult conditions.

This is the phrase that clearly describes Wooshas stint as coach. Every year is about how we are not their yet but will be.

Yet all I see is a continual excuse to not being able to develop the players effectively since 2016 something changed about the way he went about it 2016 to 2017.

We have failed to pump games into enough youth that we are going to have to go backwards further at the second half of this year to mid next season before this even has a chance of improving.

I’m not denying that they’re a good team but they were beating us comfortably even before they won their premiership.

Interested to see if the stats back this up. Many here have complained we hacked the ball forward too much in hope!

1 Like

They were a good team then too - people don’t like to admit they were wrong.

Agree but Richmond were able to get several players free through the middle when they scored their goals. Our players certainly never found that space - surely it comes down to workrate; Richmond players stick with their opposite numbers when going forward, we can’t do the same when the opposition go the other way.

3 Likes

I must be a sucker for punishment, that’s 3 Dreamtime games in a row I’ve been to and 3 rides on the Train of Shame which departs just after 3QT from Jolimont. On this train you will see many dressed in red and black consoling each other and talking about when we were once a great team. Unfortunately this train has become so popular that Metro Trains have altered their timetable and have actually named the train!

14 Likes

Next year will be our year :wink:

2 Likes

As Watson the Senior said once “the fish rots from the head”

• Coach gone. And most of his assistants.
  • Board shake up
  • Most of all, Crow and his ■■■■■■ “fitness and conditioning” staff sacked forthwith.

I don’t support a player clean out per se, as we have never seen really what they can do with all the negatives above.

3 Likes

Supporting this team has become very bad for my health.

9 Likes

Woke up this morning and here’s how I feel…

1. Our club is a juggernaut in all the places that dont matter to me. I just want wins and consistency of system and effort in the losses. I want to watch footy with confident expectation, but we are condemned to the opposite.

2. Time to retire a few blokes to seeing their careers out in the seconds. We have a handfull that have proven they will not take us to a flag. They “perform” each season but they dont have the will to win. If they did, then we wouldnt lose so many games against lower rated teams.

3. The silver lining of the injuries to “senior” players is that we have to play some younger players. But some of our younger players are actually very experienced VFL players. I’m hoping we just might find a Gary ODonnell story in somone like Dylan Clarke.

4. Shiel was rightfully reticent about our top 4 chances when interviewed preseason. We think of ourselves as better than we actually are. Time to be ruthless, and this might mean trading players like Zaharakis or others.

5. Woosha has failed to get this team prepared for the season. They started poorly and lost to a flailing Sydney. He should be sacked at the end of the season. Injuries are not an excuse for where we are at. If we lose to Carlton then he should go at the Bye.

13 Likes

Should have added to the above that I would strongly consider Ratten as senior coach.

And I would love to see us recruit players that want to hurt opposition. Its been too long since we had a fear factor on the ground.

2 Likes

Yes, you missed Groundhog Day - literally and figuratively…

3 Likes

But, you know we would recruit B Scott instead.

1 Like