Stringer
Raz
Merret

Nope
Nope
Nope
Maybe
Maybe

How can you think Heppell regularly doesn’t say not today, doesn’t have genuine belief that they will drag the team over the line with him?

I’d love to hear some examples from other teams then.

Selwood, Burgoyne, Hodge, Jordan Lewis all fierce competitors, every week you know what your going to get, every single week.

Selwood immediately springs to mind another would be Hodge during his prime & in the past Hird for us would regularly turn a game in our favour with individual brilliance & endeavour. Now of course those guys are standout champions so its not exactly reasonable to compare them to that list or expect we could have multiple players on that level. Overall its not like we can point out the finals we’ve won & who got us over the line or even many super critical games we’ve won in recent years because we’ve basically not had a successful season for 15 years. 2013 had some really epic wins against the odds where I felt we had that genuine hunger & passion but I guess much of that was the saga & besides, most of the group are gone now. Carlisle was probably the most frequent match winner that year.

I don’t think we have ever recovered from the 2001 GF loss. That is when Essington began.

Smith at the top of the list for mine.

1 Like

Guelfi also shaping up to not accepting to lose as will Redman.

We have played 1 player from last years draft…

Our first pick was number 49 so it’s hardly surprising we’ve only played one player from last year’s draft.

Workrate by their forwards or game plan I think the later Clarkson is a very good coach

Objective achieved AFL made sure we didn’t play finals.

Depends now if they wanna bury salt into the wound and keep it going Friday night or go easy on us and pay everything our way knowing we aren’t in the finals

Only once in history have they paid “everything our way”. I don’t expect the circumstances behind that to recur any time soon.

Just in case no one did it yet:

8 Mitchell = 5+3 or 4+4
7 Gunston = 5+2 or 4+3
7 Stratton = 4+3 or 5+2
6 Merrett = 4+2 or 3+3
1 O’Meara = 1
1 Hooker = 1

We can beat Richmond, best time to get them coming into finals

We need to apply more pressure around the ball though and no play so lose but it’s our style of game