Review Thread- no finals this season

got no one to blame but themselves.
right down from the coaches and poor late ins, to just yet again very mundane under 14 level ■■■■ up mistakes.
heppell missing a 15 meter kick in the backline.
myers just standing there watching it happen
goddard how many mistakes
zaka and his mistakes
coyler who just kicks the ball just cos

you just can’t cover that many mistakes. when the heat is on and teams are actually coming at us, those players seem to be the ones continually making the mistakes.

argh well, like i said, they have no one to blame but themselves.

1 Like

But… But… We almost made finals after a 2-6 start! We can beat anyone when we play good! :roll_eyes:

Im hopeful because the state of the competition is even.

You make 1 or 2 correct decisions in the off season…

PREMIERSHIP

I got the first line, that worked.

I would agree but I thought today we stopped playing that aggressive style and that is what ultimately cost us the game. When we lose confidence or come up against well coached teams… we tend to go into our shells and become predictable and lose the arm wrestle.

Richmond are no where near as ‘pretty’ as us with ball in hand… but their team work and sheer hard work is breathtaking to watch. The are constantly in motion as one, moving object… crazy connected!

2 Likes

Do you seriously think that you differ in the sense that you don’t accept mediocrity? Really? ■■■■ you are very unique. Congratulations.

(And wow. Let’s make the Richmond comparison. Fk me. At this point last season people were still making fun of Richmond being “Richmondy”, but yeah, we are “always going to win the premiership” fucking genius.)

1 Like

Completely agree with that. Both McKenna and Saad seemed very reluctant to take the game on and run the ball hard. I have to assume we were trying a different game plan for today. I don’t think it was a terrible game plan, we almost won, but I am not sure it suits this team.

1 Like

Thanks! Unique is what I’m going for. Far too many sheep in the world…

1 Like

Problem is we won’t ask about anything.

1 Like

wow this replay does not paint a good picture

so many hawks players running ahead of the play with essendon players just standing there watching

so many times hawks player with 5+ seconds at hf or within their own 50 with not a single essendon player applying pressure

It actually looks like we have 5 players on the field

■■■■■■■ disgusting

again

15 years of this

what a pack of ■■■■■■■ losers, even bottom teams apply even a slight amount of pressure in their own fuckign backline

■■■■■■■ woeful

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter, you’ve read the same post 492764 times before.
Cookie cutter whinge.

2 Likes

A lot of extremists, too.

1 Like

I’m staggered. I too think it was a deliberate ‘change of tactic’ for today but then my question has to be why?!! We have been winning by playing electric football… most pundits before the game thought our biggest strength was speed vs a very slow hawks and yet we swap to a style that suits them perfectly?! I just don’t understand why you would change to suit your oppo?

Also when are we going to learn not to play blokes injured?? Heppell on one leg… looked proppy all game… is a ‘slower’ player to start with… got burnt on turnovers all game. Should not have played.

These are the things that baffle me… it makes no sense.

1 Like

“Seeks clarification”

His whingeing ■■■■■ me so much
What ■■■■■ me even more is it works.

Some of the players looked really tired today. Goddard does a lot of pointing and never seems to man up, i think a farewell game against st kilda would be a fitting end. Trade Francis, way too slow.

9 likes (so far) for getting it entirely wrong?

Blitz pls.

(The Docklands oval is where we send the injured guys during training.)

4 Likes

We created a ground the size of the MCG and what is it used for?

We certainly don’t train on it, why is that?

mdso pls.

3 Likes

Sucks to lose, and some infuriating and costly turnovers as usual but we were a bees ■■■■ from winning this game.

Not sure what the fuss is about.

We aren’t a top 4 side, so this is hardly a surprising outcome.

What was pleasing though is that we fought our way back to almost pinch it even with several players down on previous weeks.

3 Likes

We did roll over. We got out to 19 point leads twice…and rolled over.

3 Likes